Our Air Force Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing strategic support to the USAF in cyber operations, intelligence and electronic warfare, network engineering, software development, and operational test and evaluation for the full spectrum of Air Force operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr. Wireless Engineer to support the BITI RESET program at McConnell AFB, KS, in providing technical oversight to replace all wired and wireless components at McConnell AFB, KS and a Geographically Separated Unit (GSU) location. The deployment of the wired and wireless system will be structured around a centralized management solution to enable Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Zero Touch capabilities, as well as the deployment of two-factor authentication (2FA), 802.1x and Network Authentication Controls (NAC). The Sr. Network Engineer oversees all technical aspects of the project, serves as the main point of contact for all technical issues related to the project, has a technical background that facilitates understanding of Government technical requirements and communication with the BITI PMO, works closely with BITI PMO-specified personnel to facilitate effective planning and accomplishment of critical objectives in a timely manner, manages all subcontractor interface requirements in conjunction with the Program manager, notifies the BITI PMO and the contractor’s Program Manager, immediately, of any problems or issues, and approves all engineering documents before submitting to the Government.
- Five (5) years of technical supervisory experience to provide supervision, direction, and control of technical/engineering personnel
- A scientific, technical, or engineering Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university. Accredited schools are those reported to the US Department of Education and maintained within the Secretary of Education’s database
- Certified Wireless Design Professional (CWDP)
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Wireless Experience: Five to ten (5-10) years’ experience designing, configuring and implementing a wireless network. Experience in Network planning, design strategies for an enterprise WLAN, design of infrastructure and network services, designing WLAN RF, advanced wireless site surveying, 802.11 security design, and troubleshooting of WLAN design
DoD Secret security clearance (#secret)
- CWDP (or other OEM vendor networking certification equivalent)
- Scientific, technical, or engineering Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.