LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT VALUES YOUR POTENTIAL?
A job with AT&T as a Temporary Outside Plant Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Temporary Employee - One whose term of employment is intended to last more than 3 weeks, but ordinarily not more than 24 months. A temporary employee that has reached the 24-month temporary employment period will not be re-hired as a temporary employee to perform essentially the same type work in the same department, title, and exchange/WRA for at least 90 days.
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary, company provided vehicle and tools and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Outside Plant Technicians work both inside and outside to test and repair equipment and services for our customers.
What you'll do as an AT&T Outside Plant Technician:
• Place aerial and underground copper and fiber cable
• Perform various jobs with copper splicing and assist in fiber splicing
• Perform construction work such as digging holes, placing cable, air pipe and inner duct in various types of conduit systems and open excavations
• Work with heavy duty power equipment and small tools in the installation, repair and maintenance of outside plant facilities
Have you worked 5 or more years performing construction work that involves cable splicing and/or operating heavy machinery? If yes, you could be eligible for a starting pay of up to $27/hour. Don’t have 5 years of experience? We offer a competitive salary for all levels of expertise and provide opportunities for training and career growth.
Learn more about the Outside Plant Technician by watching this short video.
In addition to possessing strong communication skills, our Outside Plant Technicians must:
• Possess a valid state driver license
• Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Perceive differences in wire and cable colors
• Climb poles, climb ladders and work aloft with hand tools
• Lift and/or pull up to 120lbs
• Work outside in all kinds of weather
• Work in attics, basements, crawl spaces, manholes and other similar places
• Use computers including hand-held models to update work status and check new assignments
• Work mandatory overtime and holidays as service conditions require
• AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
• Qualify on pre-employment screening
Study Guides (click the links below to open the various study guides)
Technical/Mechanical Test III (TMT III)
Job ID 2317742 Date posted 05/25/2023