Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Work directly with the DOS Perimeter Security and Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data Services Divisions to build, design, test and deploy Oracle Session Border Controller (SBC) solutions:
- Design and testing of Oracle SBC, SIP to Integrated Access Devices (IADs), and SIP to PBX technologies
- Lead the transition to Operations of Oracle Session Border Controllers Implementation and support of Oracle SBC hardware & software
- Perform system maintenances, upgrades and migrations
- Support the compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems
- Provide input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies.
- Support the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Create and Maintain standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software
- Address Tier III escalation issues
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline or +8 years of experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years IT security/network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Experience working directly with Government customer
- Expert experience with Oracle Session Border Controllers
- Experience developing and configuring SSL encryption/decryption solutions for traffic inspection
- First hand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Strong understanding of routing/switching technologies, IP addressing/subnetting, and network traffic analysis/troubleshooting
- Experience with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
Required Clearance: Must have an existing Interim/Secret clearable to TS.
- Bachelor Degree plus relevant work experience
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs)
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (Palo Alto, McAfee/Forcepoint Stonegate)
- Experience with Red Hat Linux/CentOS and Ubuntu including administration scripting is a plus
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications
- Experience in implementing and troubleshooting large scale Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) networks
- Excellent knowledge of Quality of Service (QoS) and Differentiated Services Code Point
- Certifications: Oracle Communications Session Border Controller Implementation Essentials certification (Exam code: 1Z0-400), Acme Packet Certified Professional Network Engineer (ACP-N) certification, Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE), A10 Certification/Accreditation, StoneGate Firewall/VPN Architect Certification, StoneGate Management Client (SMC) Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, Security+, CISSP
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.