Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The Communications Engineer II will provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 support for point-to-point and multi-point VTC capabilities to supported personnel using Polycom MGC MCUs and RMX MCUs GFE. In addition to traditional VTC support, such as meetings, training and broadcast messages, The Communications Engineer II plays a critical role in Enforcement and Removal Operations whereby the U.S. Department of Justice and Executive Office for Immigration Review conduct hearings via the VTC system.
The candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Service-oriented work ethic.
- Team leadership and strong responsibility.
- Must possess organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all management levels.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor, often under stress.
- Flexibility to support dynamic mission priorities.
- Ability to pass DHS/ICE Background Investigation
- Serve as site lead with the responsibility of training and mentoring team members.
- Complete single engineer technology assignments.
- Respond to end-user service requests.
- Manage IT Service Requests and Change Requests for all technologies and processes.
- Test, deploy and maintain operability of all associated VTC assets.
- Support shiftwork, on-call schedules during off-hours, holidays, and emergencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer, telecommunications or related field.
- Equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience, troubleshooting/documenting, on a wide variety of servers, desktops and networking / telecommunication technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts, architectures, including VTC, switching, routing, DNS, Firewall, etc.
- IPv4, IPv6 and ITU E.164 addressing experience.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge in Network Engineering or Systems Engineering.
- Proficient in various voice communications, applications, servers, operating systems, etc.
- Ability to document solutions with MS Office products: Word, Excel, Visio, and Project.
DHS/ICE Background Investigation (#none)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.