Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our Civilian Team supports The US Department of State (DoS), providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of domestic/worldwide diplomatic operations.
AT&T has an opening for a program Sr Project Manager Jump Ball position to support the DoS IRM/TWD Organization, in providing Sr Project Management support for critical State Department efforts.
- Project Management support (based on PMI best practices) for the DoS Bureau special projects and work efforts
- Integrate/Track stakeholder and project requirements and report status weekly
- Identify, communicate, and track risks via risk register
- Mission Critical and time sensitive support for the Sec of State, Staff, and Bureaus
- Solution based support for both Voice (Avaya/Cisco) and IT (Cisco) systems and networks
- Understand DOS SDLC and how PMI and ITITL best practices are used to meet SDLC deliverables
PMP certification; Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university or 8+ years of progressive hands on experience in the IT telecommunications field.
- Six to nine years of intensive and progressive project management experience in support of IT infrastructure projects.
- Five years of experience managing enterprise level projects in Federal/DOD organization.
- Three years of proven background for simultaneously managing multiple complex projects from inception to completion.
- Three years of experience in identifying, documenting, managing and tracking project deliverables including but not limited to:
- Requirements specification and scope control
- Stakeholder and project team meetings to report project status
- Risk identification, tracking, and reporting (to include periodic review meetings)
- Financial tracking and reporting
- Project problem resolution skills (scope creep, stakeholder expectations, project team failures, etc.)
- Translate stakeholder requirements into formal agreements and plans that culminate in a requirements specification that meets business and financial objectives
- Works with stakeholders and project team to identify business requirements and develops the proposed solution. Subsequently leads a team in initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing tasks of a project or segment of a project to produce the delivered solution.
- Executes a wide range of process activities beginning with the initial technical response to an order through development, test and final delivery
- Formulates partnerships between stakeholder, project staff, and IT leadership. Has used industry best practices (e.g., risk register) for identifying, eliminating, or mitigating solution, project, and business risks.
- Has experience in analyzing project status/information/situations and has implemented actions, independently or through the management team, to ensure project objectives are met
Active Secret (#Secret) and clearable to Top Secret
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.