Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The U.S. Department of State established the Telecommunications, Wireless and Data Services Division (TWD) to deliver centralized management control over equipment, services, and maintenance for unclassified voice and data telecommunications. TWD provides telephone and data services to users across the Department, Department annexes in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, the Department’s Charleston Financial Services Center, regional passport offices, domestic sites, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
TWD currently executes several enterprise level programs which operate under separate disseminated functional and financial management teams and/or contracts. TWD has a requirement for senior Program Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist in the oversight of their many enterprise programs and contracts. AT&T has an opening for a Senior Program Manager SME to support the Department of State, in providing expert level Program Management practices, processes, and skills based on PMI and ITIL best practices.
- Expert level Program Management SME to help guide and direct a centralized TWD Program Management Office
- Direct contract level program teams toward a standardized, repeatable performance standard that is continually evolving and improving
- Execute a period of research to learn the approach each program team leverages on their programs
- Document each approach and design a DOS TWD specific program management approach based on PMI and ITITL best practices
- Specify well defined program deliverables the can be extracted and documented for each separate program area
- Train each program area in the management and reporting requirements
Secret (#Secret) but clearable to TS
- PMP and ITIL certifications
- 10 years of PM experience, 5 years PM experience working at an enterprise level for a federal government agency, 5 years of active leadership in a PM/PMO organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Highly proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project
- Experience managing and expert knowledge of federal government contracting vehicles (e.g. T&M, FFP) and contract financial management (invoicing and tracking)
- Enterprise level PM support in the Department of State IT infrastructure environment
- TS clearance
- Ground up build of a PMO in a federal agency
- Has integrated PMI and ITIL best practices into a federal agency’s SDLC
- Lead a PM team/PMO that was comprised of several agency programs and comprised of several different contracting entities (e.g., other contractors, consultants, and federal CORs/TMs)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.