Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our Civilian Team supports The US Department of State (DoS), providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of domestic/worldwide diplomatic operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Sr Network Engineer with a focus on IT Projects/Maintenance requirements in a Team and individual work environment. We support the DoS IRM/TWD Organization in providing Sr Network Engineer support for critical State Department efforts.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area and remote locations.
- In support of these services, the Senior Network Engineer provides data engineering support, with a particular-focus on project engineering initiatives.
- The Senior Network Engineer supports the Department of State (DoS) Vanguard Program, Service Management Office (SMO) which is responsible for administering, deploying and maintaining Cisco and products, as well as a working knowledge of encryption solutions, knowledge of local and wide-area networks in a Voice/Data converged infrastructure.
- This hands-on position includes engineering support for service interruptions, planned equipment installations, and infrastructure support. This position can also include planning, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, deploying supporting and optimizing all network hardware and software. The Senior Data Network Engineer reports directly to the TWD Voice/Data Engineering Manager, while coordinating with TWD Project Management Office (PMO) project managers, and the PMO Director.
- Although not a job duty requirement it is expected candidates have a working knowledge of Avaya/Cisco Voice services
Secret and clearable to Top Secret (#Secret)
- Must possess Avaya Red experience.
- Promptly respond to engineering support requests from the Special Projects Engineering Manager, PMO project managers, and/or PMO Director
- Demonstrate an ability to support and/or serve as the lead engineer on multiple, concurrent engineering projects
- Supports change and configuration management for all voice and data assets
- Troubleshoot, respond, and resolve escalated incidents/service requests and/or planned/unplanned outages
- Conduct Route Cause Analysis (RCA) and After-action Review (AAR) following unplanned outages
- Supports Move, Add, and Change requests for the data network to include day-to-day requests/orders and Projects
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and/or other network problems, and replace defective components associated with both data and voice infrastructures.
- Interfaces with other IRM Support Teams on system/network infrastructure problems and advises management on technical improvements and/or solutions to identified problems and/or gaps
- Identifies and recommends solutions, products and services to support the enterprise initiatives, business goals and/or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and State Department enterprise needs
- Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and follows established SOPs and process guides
- Works extensively with Cisco Layer 2 and Layer 3 solutions and products
- Cisco CCNA Certification a minimum
- Familiarity and working knowledge of telecommunication circuit types (e.g., P2P T1/T3, TDM, IP Ethernet)
- Understand and have the ability to implement Cisco router, switch, and ASA products
- Skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and Static Routing
- Working knowledge and understanding of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP, EIGRP and Static Routes
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills. From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project outline to customer
- Ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements
- Ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects
- Ideal candidate will have a strong sense of commitment to perform engineering support functions as scheduled, providing timely responses to required system support after normal business hours and on weekends. Additionally, the candidate should have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities, and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guides.
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN with design and migration experience in a converged environment with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS)
- Cisco CCNP Certification (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- State Department experience a plus Avaya/Cisco Voice
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.