Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
In support of these services, the Network Specialist Entry level will:
- configures IP VOIP, digital, and analog phones and extensions, coordinate installation with other contractors and service providers troubleshoots and resolves voice service outages
- tests network back-up procedures, and updates documentation, as needed
- administers Avaya phone systems and voice mail systems for over 40+ US sites
- perform routine and complex administration of voice services (Avaya voice switches and voice mail systems),
- develop telecommunication solutions to address user needs, monitors, logs and track work task performed in a separate data base system, identify out-of-sync conditions between separate data base system with telephony information and actual telephone switch, develops and recommends solutions to correct out-of-sync conditions between separate data base with telephony information and actual telephone switch
- Must possess Avaya Red experience.
- Experience with Avaya Switch Systems, Cisco, Secure Telephone, and Video Communications.
- Ability to interface with end users.
- Willingness to travel and work out of hours and weekends providing on-call support as needed.
- Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Provisioning, Technical Understanding, Functional and Technical Skills, Independence, Attention to Detail, Verbal Communication, and Documentation Skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in an enterprise telephone environment.
Must be a US Citizen and have a CURRENT Secret clearable to TS.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of AAR (Automatic Alternate Routing) and ARS (Automatic Route Selection) in voice network environment. Working knowledge and experience with complex Uniform Dial Plans (5-digit dial numbering plans).
- Experience in the design and operation of Avaya Call Center Telephony. Experience with Avaya Call Center portfolio – ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), EAS (Expert Agent Selection), CMS (Call Management System) and BCMR (Basic Call Management Reporting).
- Experience with Call Vector Designing, testing and problem solving
- Experience with detailed call flowcharts and end-to-end Visio designs.
- Experience planning and providing support for Avaya Aura user features/applications
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.