Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with PMO Data/Voice Lead and TWD Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities
- Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
- Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya, but particularly Avaya)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast paced large enterprise telecommunications environment.
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom administration work and solving of related issues
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to know when to escalate issues before they become critical.
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components: oAura Communication Manager 5.2 or greater oS-Series and COTS Server,MCC/G-Series gateways with ESS and LSP components) oSystem Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform, and Session Manager oAura Messaging, and Inuity Audixo Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow oOracle/ACME Packet SBC’so CMS/BCMS/AES/System oAvaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.