Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Engineering support includes planned service interruptions, planned equipment installations, and infrastructure support for data services.
- The Data OPS Engineer reports directly to the Domestic Telephone and Data Services Branch (DTD) team manager.
- The Data OPS engineer may be called upon to provide technical mentorship/guidance to some of the more junior members of the group of technical engineers.
- The well-qualified candidate will possess and apply sound network engineering (LAN/WAN) principles.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, well versed in network engineering practices in: routing, switching, encryption, trouble-shooting, LAN/WAN protocols (Layer 2, VLANS, Layer 3, TCPIP, VLSM, BGP, OSPF, MacSec, DMVPN, IPSEC, etc.).
- The candidate will be well versed in: circuits (TDM, IP Ethernet, MPLS), cloud computing environments, a complete understanding of the OSI model, traffic flows, network traffic analysis using tools which collect NetFlow data as well as packet capture tools (e.g. Wireshark), SNMP monitoring and configuration tools (Cisco Prime, NetMRI, HPNA - by way of example).
- Responsible for deploying and maintaining primarily Cisco routing, switching, and encryption devices in a large enterprise environment consisting of thousands of nodes domestically within the National Capital Region (NCR) and in other CONUS locations outside of the DC metro areaWorking knowledge of encryption solutions and knowledge of local and wide-area networks
- Planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software and communication links across the domestic network within the NCR and CONUS locations
- Constructs, tests and implements integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks for the customer
- Participates in day-to-day orders for LAN/WAN Service Requests for new installs at State Annexes for new installs / upgrades (Telecommunication Service Requests -- TSRs) within the NCR and domestic locations within the greater DC metro region
- May provide technical input on high level network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies
- May participate in occasional Special Projects which are larger in scope and number of users (multiple CER build-outs and 1000s of users) within the NCR supporting various State bureaus
- Must be able to write and execute detailed network implementations; generate bill of materials, and basis of estimates
- Addressing Remedy trouble tickets to include Move, Add, and change requests for the data network unassisted
- Analyzes system logs to identify potential issues hardware, software, configuration and lifecycle management
- Provide network performance statistic and reports and recommend technical enhancements to the network
- Test and implements new hardware and software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies to include periodic (annual) tech system refresh
- Interfaces with others on system infrastructure problems and advices management on technical problems, priorities, and methods
- Ensures customer satisfaction with the resolution or circumvention of hardware, software, and/or circuit problems, including the assessment of bandwidth requirements based upon empirical data
- Applies extensive industry and enterprise knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
- Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction,
- May contribute to the creation of new policies and procedures for Maintenance Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Update system and process documentation, produce user guides, diagrams, and SOPs as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and/ or related experience
- 5 years of core routing and switching experience
- Implementation of networking best practices
- Extensive Cisco background
- LAN/WAN/MAN design and migration experience with a focus on WAN services (IP Ethernet, MPLS, TDM, Point-to-Point, DMVPN)
- Cisco Certified.
- Very strong understanding and ability to implement Cisco router, switch, and ASA products
- Experience conducting site surveys and organizing the documentation in to an Engineering plan that can be used to
- Expert skills troubleshooting ACLs (access-lists), IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP
- Detailed understanding and be capable of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP and EIGRP
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills.
- The ability to conduct research on networking products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
- The ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects.
Must have a CURRENT Secret clearable to TS.
CCNA or CCNP preferred or equivalent (JNCI)
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.