AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Group supports federal government agencies, providing, operating, and assuring critical voice, video, and collaboration services for the full spectrum of government operations.
AT&T has an opening for Senior Systems Analysts to support the Northstar program in providing Air-to-Ground telecommunications services, operations, and maintenance.
The Senior Systems Analyst will perform various functions, which primarily involves solving process-related business problems by analyzing, designing, and maintaining information technology systems.
The major tasks, duties, and responsibilities of the Senior Systems Analyst are listed in the job description below:
- Perform examination and evaluation of current systems to identify requirements,
- Interface with users to track additional requirements and features,
- Guarantee adherence to deadline and budget requirements,
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge with current technologies and technical developments,
- Conduct assessment on new Platforms to ensure the technology solutions leverage cutting edge integration capabilities,
- Assist in the requirements gathering and process mapping workshops,
- Responsible for the review of business/functional requirement documents, and develop technical design documents,
- Support the Engineering unit in maintaining accurate records of all hardware and software, as well as develop and maintain documentation related to processes,
- Automate and streamline software development and test streams using industry tools and best practices,
- Integrate and verify integrity of test and production environments to ensure compliance with release information. Document and validate all release information and any installation exceptions,
- Increase software development productivity by interfacing with stakeholders to identify requirements and updates, documenting user stories for each use case, and allocating tasks to software developers for scrum cycles. Track and report on progress and release schedules, and
- Integrate built-in-test functionality that exists in software packages into the build cycle to ensure complete regression testing is performed for each release.
Senior Systems Analyst Requirements:
- Knowledge: It is essential that the applicant have a strong technical development background, is familiar with a variety of programming languages, and have experience developing applications on top of platforms. It is important that they understand development methodology and actual experience writing functional and technical design specifications. They should also have practical knowledge working with database and query optimization, debugging, QA functions, user defined functions, views, indexes, etc.
- Communication skills: It is important that the applicant have excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially to understand requirements and provide solutions. It is also relevant for interfacing with end-users and vendors, and with large teams. This also includes ability to handle an effective conversation over the telephone.
- Interpersonal skills: The Senior Systems Analyst job involves working with and through others, so the applicant must be able to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with co-workers and perform all duties in a courteous and professional manner.
- Collaborative skills: Applicants are required to have the ability to collaborate with business analyst, developers, and other IT professionals, hence they must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and collaborate with other professionals to achieve the desired result.
Must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain Top Secret Applicant must be low risk for a TS clearance. (#topsecret) (#clearable)
Applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. A Master’s degree is desired.
Applicant must be an experienced professional with at least five years of experience and must be comfortable with modern frameworks and technologies. They must also possess demonstrated experience resolving complex business and application problems.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our Senior System Analyst’s earn between $89,200 - $161,501. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2317080 Date posted 05/23/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone