Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The Northstar program provides voice, video, and data communications to Government aircraft via an AT&T owned air-to-ground nationwide network.
AT&T has an opening for a Program Manager to manage the Northstar Program in providing air-to-ground communications to Government aircraft.
- Responsible for overall management of the Northstar Air-to-Ground Program
- Provides technical guidance and skills in support of telecommunications network operation, maintenance and development; information systems operations, maintenance, and development; and integration of new technology into the network and network control systems
- Manages a variety of technical areas including systems requirements analysis, data analysis and engineering, systems design, systems development, systems testing and deployment, quality assurance, configuration management, and systems documentation
- May serve as a technical lead for a task or project
- Provides technical and administrative support for the program team of roughly thirty-five employees insuring execution of technical tasks, review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules
- Coordinates with management staff to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction
Active Top Secret
- Bachelor of Degree with at least five years of experience in management of enterprise network operations and maintenance
- Four additional years of related experience may substitute for the degree
- Five years of experience with any of the following Government programs: Nightwatch, Looking Glass, and/or TACAMO
- Five years of experience in program management of a $10M per year fixed price contract
A working knowledge of Risk Management Framework processes and prior hands-on experience with the RMF program.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.