Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a GNOC HQ Lead - Acts as the Functional Lead for a team of Tier I/II/III personnel supporting a 24/7/365 network operations team.
The Functional Lead will provide enterprise IT support to include: program management; administration support including inventory management and IT acquisitions support; operations engineering and implementation; operations and maintenance, including Service Desk support and infrastructure, applications and database support; onsite systems administration and hardware support/maintenance; enterprise operations monitoring; cyber security operations; and disaster recovery support.
- The Network Operations Manager shall serve as a team leader for support tasks involving engineering development, integration, interface design analysis, integration of infrastructure, and testing of SW and HW.
- The Network Operations Manager shall perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of HW, SW, operating systems and other platform specifications to meet project requirements while maintaining interoperability with existing legacy systems.
- The Network Operations Manager shall plan large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and trade/cost studies.
- Recent, relevant experience as the program manager or deputy on a technical operations program of at least 50-100 FTE personnel in a 24x365 environment.
- Candidate should have a current PMP certification and possess excellent interpersonal, personnel management, and communications skills.
- A working knowledge of, and certification in ITIL is required.
This position requires all personnel to work a rotating shift schedule. Shifts available include 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6am.
- Demonstrated experience with risk management and making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operation costs.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting a wide range of LAN, MPLS WAN, and network issues hampering service availability and making recommendations for system fixes and enhancements.
- A minimum of five or more years of management experience operating in an ITIL framework.
- Demonstrated experience operating and designing a network supporting a dispersed workforce with on premise applications as well as many applications deployed in the cloud.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.