Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for an Electrician – Expert – To join a program team supporting a government customer in a highly complex information technology environment. This position supports the recapitalization and provisioning projects by providing the installation expertise to perform all aspects of the electrical requirements of major IT installations. This may include but not limited to installing, troubleshooting and repairing power panels, feeders, circuits, conduit and all associated receptacles and junction boxes, switches and wiring from power panels to equipment, equipment racks and within equipment racks, adhering to all applicable NEC, NFPA, OSHA, and other governing directives, codes and safety standards. The individual filling this position is required to have considerable experience with the installation and maintenance of single and multi-phase power systems in a computer / data center environment.
- Work as lead on the commissioning team for installation, integration of new equipment and systems, to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems
- Highly skilled in electrical installation, troubleshooting and repairs including electrical controls schemes
- Provide electrical design input to include operational and maintenance insights for the design review process
- Provide audits for power and mechanical capacity or upgrades
- Review and approve equipment submittals
- Experience in creating SOP's
- Completes installation, maintenance and repair records as required
- Ensure that environmental and safety standards are consistently met
- Identify problems and making repairs quickly. In emergency situations or abnormal conditions, you manage performance issues and outages to minimize the recovery time from failures
- Develop creative approaches to reducing operational costs while improving overall efficiency
- Licensed Electrician in the State of Virginia
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations including Life Safety, IBC, NFPA, NEC, ASHRAE, and OSHA
- Uses personal computer for work order system, email, and training.
- Uses Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry loads of minimum 50 lbs.
- Work Location: Customer site in Tysons Corner, VA Area
Required Clearance: TSSCI with Polygraph. (#polygraph)
• This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Master Electrician or Journeyman certification preferred
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Licensing by InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA) Preferred
- OSHA 10 Preferred
- Arc Flash NFPA 70E Preferred
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.