Ready to change the speed of business? On our Business Sales team, you’ll connect with almost the entire Fortune 1000 (and millions of customers) to industry-leading telecommunications, high-speed Internet and pay TV. It’s an opportunity for them to completely transform how they do business – and you’ll be at the center of that deal. Plus, we’re talking about a customer base where high-flyers can get big results (and even bigger rewards).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and creates needs for solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs for AT&T products/ services /systems/ solutions.
- Builds and maintains a network of colleagues, customers, partners to share information and obtain prospects.
- Initiates customer contacts/visits with existing and prospective customers.
- Develops new accounts, maintains and grows existing accounts. Establishes and maintains productive long-term networks and relationships with customers.
- Observes and participates in presenting products, service solutions that benefit customer’s mission, requirements and needs.
- Demonstrates and maintains complete extensive knowledge of the organizations entire product and service line.
- Partners with clients to understand business needs, issues, strategies and priorities to deliver value-added business solutions.
- Develops responses to Request for Information and Request for Proposals.
- Utilizes consultative selling skills to close sales within assigned accounts.
- Sells in accordance with company policy, procedures and culture.
- Identify key trends and customer needs and leverage industry knowledge and applications to find and close opportunities.
- Anticipates the customer’s needs and provides solutions.
- Responds to customers business needs in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Owns the account relationship and is responsible for meeting/exceeding annual objectives.
- Effectively influences customers and diffuses potential problems.
- Assists management in devising direct sales plans and strategies.
- Develops strategic initiatives to grow and retain the revenue stream of assigned complex accounts, while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Supports the extended sales team partners through coaching or mentoring. Assists less experienced peers.
- Act as team lead for the customer relationship.
- Establishes and maintains influential relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- Works on highly complex projects with considerable latitude.
- Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting and forecasting.
- Supports customer ordering and quotes in a timely manner
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Required Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record
- Current auto insurance with reliable vehicle per transportation needs of market
- Business Degree and 5 plus years’ successful sales and account management experience, with a proven record of accomplishment in meeting quota.
- Strong Wireline and Wireless product technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible team-oriented individual.
- Decision making and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to present professional image of self and Company.
- Experience in handling customer inquiries and difficult customers in a professional manner.
- Experience with understanding and negotiating both Commercial and Federal Government customers, contracts and contract vehicles.
- Ability to use Microsoft suite as well as other computer software packages as required.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
- Account Management
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Competitive Differentiation
- Consultative Selling
- Customer-Centric Solution Development
- Industry Knowledge
- Operational Excellence
- Solution Integration Expertise
- Technology Expertise Territory / Module Management/ Forecasting
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.