AT&T and TPG signed an agreement to form a new entity, DIRECTV, which will own and operate AT&T’s U.S. video unit consisting of DIRECTV (consumer and business satellite services), AT&T TV and U-verse TV (excluding U-verse network assets). When the transaction closes, the job you are applying for will become part of the New DIRECTV. Transaction is expected to close in the second half of 2021. Until closing, this role will be a part of AT&T’s U.S. video unit. New DIRECTV will recognize its unionized labor force and will also assume and honor the existing collective bargaining agreements covering union-represented employees and work with the unions productively going forward. For more information, please click here. Source: Press release, section : “Continued Commitment to employees” LINK : https://about.att.com/story/2021/video.html
Works inside or outside to install and repair equipment, and/or services; Makes necessary connections to provide voice, data, and video service. Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
• Install and rearrange inside wire
• Install Network Interface Device (NID)
• Place and replace Customer Premise Equipment (CPE)
• Place cross-connects as appropriate between SAC point and the 7330 or its equivalent
• Verify all service are working
• Educate customers on the features and functionality of the services
• Demonstrates, sells, and bills appropriate items of telephone service on contacts w/customers.
• Selects location and installs equipment with customers, including inside wiring.
• Performs the maintenance of the CPE equipment, wiring & jacks inside the customer’s premise up to and including the NID
• Use simple meters to perform Go, NO-Go type testing.
• Perform work in buildings, attics, basements, and crawl spaces
• Perform work involving bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, etc.
• Use company PC to retrieve and complete orders
• Works independently with little supervision
• Works outside in all types of weather
• Drives a company vehicle or may report directly to work location.
• Positions AT&T as the premier provider of choice.
• Uses and/or wears appropriate safety equipment and follows established safety practices and procedures.
• Specific assignments may involve driving a company vehicle. These assignments require a minimum age of 18, an acceptable driving record and a valid driver's license.
• May require the ability to drive a vehicle with manual transmission, depending on job assignment.
• Satisfactory attendance record and performance ratings in present job.
• Satisfactory results from a security investigation, as required, unless previously met.
• Other factors which may vary based on work group requirements.
• Must wear body belt and pouch with tools weighing about 15 pounds.
• Lifting will be required, up to 80 pounds, depending on assignment.
• Uses hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, drills and wrenches.
• To meet manufacturer's safety requirements on equipment used, candidate's body weight, plus tools and material, must not exceed 300 pounds for assignments involving ladder climbing.
• Must be able to distinguish colors in accordance with specific job requirements.
• Must be able to climb ladders up to 28 feet and work aloft with hand tools.
• Requires the ability to climb poles and ladders.
Hours vary depending on assignment. May be required to work day, evening, or night shifts; overtime, call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. On-call availability may be required. Out- of-town assignments may be required which may include travel and overnight stay.
1. Classroom training.
2. On-the-job training.
Premises Technician Assessment (PTA)
Technical/Mechanical Test - Field III
Premises Technician Inventory (PTI-R)
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state, & local laws
Job ID 2116268 Date posted 05/16/2021