Lead QA Architect
AT&T Cybersecurity | Austin, TX
We are seeking a Lead QA Architect for our SaaS TDR product line. This is a director level position. You will need to be hands on technical leader and doer. The Lead QA Architect will be responsible for providing technology leadership across multiple cybersecurity development teams and working with both Operations and engineering teams to define a suitable quality strategy architecture and implement its execution by creating detailed designs, and hands-on development and, production configuration and support.
The ideal candidate is a go getter, enthusiastic, self-starter and is passionate about his/her job. This person will become a solid technical leader within a core team of talented engineers building innovative security software products. This is a highly technical position for someone that is comfortable working on a fast-paced release cycle.
The ideal candidate has a breadth of experience with large, distributed software systems with big data systems experience. Experience with microservices with the Java programming language required. And of course, if you have an interest and/or background in security, we should talk.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
· Strategic direction and implementation for service quality, performance and reliability
· Instill processes and technologies in the engineering teams to deliver a world class product
· Implement performance and benchmarking within the teams.
· Serve as a key technical resource for cybersecurity
· Review and understand existing test plans, test processes.
· Produce plans to improve service quality, concrete test strategy and procedures to implement improved test processes. This includes functional, regression, performance, security etc.
· Review existing unit test frameworks, automation tools , including build verification
· Work with project managers and development architects to define improved coding standards and test instrumentation and interfaces.
· Work with support team to gather end-user metrics on bugs reported, and demonstrate to management that your efforts have resulted in higher quality.
· Pitch in and help out where your efforts most effectively improve quality.
WHAT YOU NEED:
· 12+ years software development and architecture experience.
· 10+ years as a Quality Engineer / Architect
· 5+ years cloud infrastructure experience (AWS primarily)
· Strong background in solving concurrency and horizontal scalability problems
· Experience architecting and developing distributed systems
· Experience building / consuming / testing REST APIs
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems
· Self-starter with strong work ethic
· Experience with Cybersecurity is a plus
Our Lead-Software Engineer, Earn between $139,900.00 to $233,200.00, Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws
Principal Functional Skills / Competencies associated with this Title:
Job ID 2251616 Date posted 01/24/2023
- Agile Development
- Application Design, Architecture
- Application Development Tools
- Design Thinking
- Emerging Technologies
- Information Security Management
- Requirements Analysis
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Software QA & Testing Tools