Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for a Comsec and Radio Engineer to support the Regional Relay Facility in providing communications security expertise.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Serve as a senior member of the on-site team for all technologies related to LAN, WAN, Comsec equipment, and Radio
- Provide on-site expertise for all technologies related to LAN, WAN, Comsec equipment, and Radio
- Incident Management as directed by the Network Operations Center (NOC)
- Remotely support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems
- Perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
TS/SCI with Poly (#Polygraph); This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high risk screening.
- Advanced networking qualifications including MPLS, BGP, OSPF, LAMBDA. LAN/MAN/WAN/Optical specialization
- Familiarity with the use of common ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow) and common network management tools (HPOV, HPNA, Solarwinds, MNS, Netcool, etc)
- Candidate must have hands on troubleshooting and fault isolation of IT business systems. Applicant must have a strong understanding of the OSI model and configuration of routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, LDP
- Candidate must have a total of 12 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 12 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 10 years, a Bachelors’ and 8 years, a Masters and 6 years or a PhD and 2 years of work history
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.