Ready for an upgrade? A different browser will keep you connected to the full website experience – and protect you from security risks.
Job title, category or skills
Start your journey with AT&T
Make an immediate impact
Join 13K other Veterans at AT&T
A world of opportunity awaits
Working here is more than just a job title
Mind if we brag for a moment?
See for yourself
Click each circle to confirm this job is a good fit for you.
We need you to build the future of our network.
Use your expert knowledge to install Wi-Fi and voice services while working inside and outside our customers' homes.
From performing construction work to laying telephone cables and conduits, you'll keep our customers connected to the services they need.
Complete cable splices to maintain and repair our customers' services while working outdoors in the field.
Ditch the office and take your career on the road.
What's this job really like? See what's on the road in a technician career.
Connect customers in your community to the latest tech and services in opportunities that are as wide as the open road.
Looking for a company that vlaues your experience?
A job with AT&T as a Communications Technician can provide you with exactly that!
Take advantage of our paid training and wide range of career possibilities. AT&T offers a competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, paid vacation, and more!
Our Communications Technicians are responsible for the operation and maintenance of a satellite earth station and related customer circuits.
What you'll do as an AT&T Communications Technician:
• Conduct fault isolation and resolution
• Repair frequency converters, modems, power amplifiers, satellite tracking systems and other ancillary equipment
• Use test equipment such as radio frequency spectrum analyzers, frequency counters and power meters to digital test equipment
• Interact directly with customers and support organizations/vendors that provide technical assistance during fault isolation and resolution
• Identifies, isolates and repairs various types of trouble using a variety of tests. Coordinates trouble clearing with the appropriate personnel, work groups or outside companies.
• Locates trouble by inspecting and testing troubles and analyzing test data. May be required to use sophisticated electronic test equipment to isolate trouble
• Clears trouble by cleaning, adjusting or replacing equipment; repairs faulty wiring as needed.
• Uses high precision measuring devices and meters that may weigh up to 60 lbs.
• May perform corrective/maintenance and review computer printouts for problems to troubleshoot operational and date problems.
• Monitors data associated transmission equipment copper facilities for network performance.
• Keeps detailed record of nature of work and action taken.
• Provision inter-office facilities.
• Could be sent to work in offices other than regular assigned office which may require driving Company vehicle between locations.
• Installs, rearranges, removes equipment.
• Inputs and verifies routing translations and charging translations for switches (1A, DMS100/200, 5ESS, 4ESS, SS7) including E911.
• Inputs and verifies complex customer translations for services such as Centrex, DID trunks, Super Trunks, Switch 56, PRI as indicated by service order.
• Accesses available technical references such as Standard Practice schematic drawing and circuit descriptions and interprets circuit layout records, transmissions designs, equipment drawings, etc.
• Coordinates plug-ins, including unpacking, tracking, shipping and storage.
• May track T-Carrier/Hi-Cap Systems/Pair Gain troubles and associated reports for trends and results.
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or limited period with the definite understanding that their employment is to terminate upon completion of the project or at the end of the period. Employment is expected to continue for more than one (1) year, but no more than three (3) years
In addition to strong communication skills, our Communications Technicians must have the following:
• Experience and/or training with telecommunications network troubleshooting
• Experience working directly with customers to resolve equipment and circuit problems
• Knowledge of radio frequency (RF) communications and analog/digital telecommunications
• The ability to work shifts including weekends
• Qualification on pre-employment screening:
• Technical Mechanical Test III (TMT III)
• Technical Knowledge Test II (TKT II)
• Required Clearance: Active Top Secret
Test study guides can be found here
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Stay updated on your status. Timing varies, so log in to see where we are.
Check your email regularly for any follow-ups.
You may have to pass an assessment before moving on to the next step.
If you don't pass on your first attempt, you'll be eligible to retake your assessments after 6 months.
Your interview may be online. Make sure you have a strong connection and dress professionally.
Watch this video to see what the job's really like
Complete online application
Want an idea of what will be on the assessment? You can prepare by taking a look at our study guides:
Premises Technician Assessment
Technical Mechanical Test Field III
Conduct your interviews — in person, by phone, recorded video or over video chat.
Conduct follow-up interviews
Conditional job offer
Complete the background check
Congratulation and welcome to AT&T!
Every day, you can work someplace new.
Teamwork and the guidance of experienced leaders made the difference.
When a teammate needs help, Cyrus is the first to raise his hand
With his career exprience, Guy Thomas achieved a pivot.
AT&T is a Modern Communications and Technology Company.
It’s our people and partners who make the difference.
Connecting you to Tech, Entertainment and Community Leaders.
Stories and News from the People at AT&T.
Sign up for job alerts, updates and more.
Do the right thing, no compromise.
Innovate and get there first.
In everything, every time.
Give people what they don't expect.
Speak with your actions.
Press, speech, beliefs.
Impact your world.
When customers & colleagues need you most.