Deliver the highest level (Tier-3) of network technical support within AT&T's technical support structure requiring 24x7 on call from escalating organizations including but not limited to Tier-2 Operations and NPE. Provides the technical troubleshooting and leadership skills required to recover from the most complex network problems in real time, directing the activities of technical resources from Tier-2, Labs, and the vendor(s) to restore service. Responsible for the investigation and management of all follow-up activities needed to determine root cause, attempt problem recreation in the Tier Support lab, identify workarounds when feasible, coordinate with Labs for delivery and certification of vendor fixes or design changes, and planning for the eventual implementation within the network. Develop scripts to pro-actively identify known defect signatures and define the least intrusive recovery processes. Develop scripts to extract forensic data from network elements and analyze to identify potential patterns of unexpected behavior needed to understand root cause. Ultimately responsible for the reliability of the end-to-end network and the quality of the delivered service - tracking and analyzing outage patterns leading to identification of chronic issues.
Nature of Contribution- Seasoned technical professional who contributes through proven technical expertise. Has significant impact on department or function.
Knowledge - Subject matter expert within own discipline/specialty area and basic knowledge of other disciplines / specialty areas. Deep technical knowledge. Applies in-depth knowledge of discipline/specialty area standards and processes to work. Integrates industry experience and deep professional/ technical knowledge. Technical leader and recognized expert on select AT&T technologies, systems and/or procedures.
Specific Skill Requirements
Candidates must have the following skills to be considered for this position
1. Extensive knowledge Ericsson UTRAN and eUTRAN hardware and Software
2. Understand and capable of using Ericsson ENM and AMOSS
3. Ability to investigate and resolve performance issues on Ericsson UTRAN network
4. Ability to Run and analyze traces on the Ericsson UTRAN
5. Ability to analyze fault logs
6. Troubleshoot RF issues
7. Ability to pull, and analyze, near real-time performance data from the UTRAN and EUTRAN in support outage recovery and performance troubleshooting.
8. Ability to analyzed Ericsson error logs to troubleshoot software related issues
9. LTE Knowledge
10. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve IP backhaul issues
11. Unix and scripting knowledge.
12. Understanding of interfaces to SGSN's and UMGW
Analysis and Problem Solving -Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment and precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues and develops new concepts, methods and techniques for cross-functional initiatives. Recognizes and pursues alternative methods.
Independence - Guided by department goals and objectives. Exercises latitude in determining objectives and approaches to projects. Leads multiple projects of small to medium size and technical breadth.
Contribution to AT&T Technology -Key contributor on complex projects and initiatives. Impacts current and future business opportunities through application of specialized technical and industry knowledge. Develops methods and techniques based on strategic project objectives.
Communication- Provides technical guidance and explains advanced concepts to others in work area. May mentor others in department. Coordinates across multiple departments. Promotes active listening and open communication. Provides leadership and guidance to others.
- Network outage Recovery and RCA development
- Evaluation of new products and technology from vendors
- Implementation of upgraded software releases
- Implementation of life-cycle operation systems
- Analysis of new equipment installations to determine their acceptability for use
- Coordination and approval of the necessary software and hardware upgrades of network elements and operation support systems that require vendor interaction, design and testing
- Implementation of required upgrades
- Subject matter expert (SME) on projects requiring highly technical advice and counsel in order to achieve successful implementation without negative impact to customer service
- First-line product support or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software
Environmental Requirements: This position may be responsible for contributing to ATTs compliance with environmental laws and regulations as applicable to its job function. This may include, but is not limited to, work related to fuel tanks, emergency and stand-by generators, boilers, hazardous waste, hazardous materials, batteries, manholes and vaults, water wells, linear and other construction projects, water discharge, or air emissions.