You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be embedded into multiple scrum teams, roving and demystifying technical approach and software architecture. You must have strong verbal and organizational skills, technical expertise and attention to detail are critical in this role.
We’ll be expecting you to find technical innovations and push them into foundry teams, building core technology components and providing technical product leadership.
Core technologies in this role – keep in mind you will be looking at emerging technologies constantly:
- Languages: Node.js, Java, Go, Python, C++
- Data: Couchbase, HBase, Graph Databases, Hadoop, Kafka, Elastic Search, SPARK etc…
- Cloud: AWS EVERYTHING, Azure
- Machine Learning
- Experience on massively scaling technologies – think 100M+ users
- Future: everything
Key Competencies and Skills:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience as a SW architect, Dev Manager or Technology lead preferably within a media, social internet or games company with a large customer base.
- You can code, you will be coding
- Excellent understanding of key architecture & design considerations associated with complex applications in a distributed microservices & containerless cloud platforms
- 1 year or more experience with Kubernetes
- Past experience with troubleshooting common operational issues
- Kubernetes Provisioning and Upgrades
- Experience with key AWS Services
- AutoScale Groups
- Security Groups
- Elastic File System
- Experience with SSL, Certificates
- Maven, Git
- DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Ansible, Docker
- Java Development
- Strong design intuition and drive
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Code like a ninja
- Ability to work well in teams and with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities.
Education and Qualifications:
- University or College degree or practical equivalent in Computer or Software Engineering
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in technology
- General office environment.
- Some travel between our Toronto and Los Angeles offices
- Additional hours may be required to meet deadlines.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.