You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
QuickPlay, now part of AT&T is the premier provider of solutions to manage the business of mobile video. Recognized internationally for innovation, flexibility and excellence QuickPlay provides the fastest and most flexible way for companies to deliver mobile video worth watching. Today, QuickPlay powers high quality TV, video, audio, and radio services for 14 mobile operators and 150 content providers recognized worldwide.
In an evolving market, our employees are inspired by the innovative environment that allows them to lead, motivate, and create, while reaching their full potential and achieving great results. Spending their days in a challenging atmosphere developing cutting edge products for the biggest names in media and communications, QuickPlay employees are able to expand their skills and grow with a passionate and talented group of people.
Read about some of the things we’re doing here: http://www.quickplay.com
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the delivery of a software application or service, including design, development, testing, deployment, production application support (e.g., troubleshooting) and maintenance with a focus on micro services in Java.
• Work in a agile scrum team in fast paced environment.
• Implement features within a team using best practices to meet product or solution deliverables.
• Refactor code to increase operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to new requirements.
• Implements reusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
• Participate in stress tests, load tests, performance tests, making recommendations to improve performance and scalability.
• Prepare software packages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standard deployment policies.
• Be highly responsive to critical production issues providing timely and effective solutions.
• Produce design artifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features or client solutions.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing end to end enterprise grade software.
• Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
• Excellent understanding of distributed multi-tier infrastructure.
• Knowledge of design patterns MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design considerations.
• Continuously challenged to deliver out of the box solutions
• Experience or exposure to NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra or CouchDB
• Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models).
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities are required.
• Proficient in the use of SCM tools (SVN, GIT, Maven, Jenkins), best practices and continuous integration
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A creative thinker and experienced problem solver.
Education and Qualifications:
Preferred degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
• You have a sizeable portfolio of ‘Difficult problems… solved’
• You like to move fast
• You like to make decisions
• You like to take calculated risks
• We like to learn
• We like to work in small, rapid iterations
• We like to automate mundane tasks
• We like to make things visible so others can understand them, challenge them, solve them
• We get things done
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.