You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
The demand for DevOps engineers is growing rapidly because businesses are realizing the value that DevOps engineers provide. But, you already know that, right? At DIRECTV we’re looking for someone with skills in the areas of:
• Process re-engineering
• Communicating and collaborating among different teams
We know that software isn’t developed and deployed in the old way anymore! We now face the challenge of ensuring that new software will work across diverse platforms and operating systems. Deployment and testing are performed more frequently so DevOps teams are critical in bridging the gap between development, test, and operations teams.
What You Will Do @ DIRECTV
• Participate in design and architecture phases of development and infrastructure projects.
• Assess POC’s and recommend solutions to improve the current platform service.
• Document and analyze technology systems to maximize reuse of shared platform services.
• Integrate hardware/software solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs.
• Participate in the final review of new installations to include acceptance and performance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
• Proactive service analysis to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems and perform preventative resolution.
• Develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures (Problem Records) that adversely affect service delivery.
• Assume ownership for production problems, work with other team members, developers, and third parties to identify and resolve root cause issues.
• Perform Tier 3 incident management in development and production environments.
• Provide training to production operations for Tier 1 & 2 support.
• Lead cross-functional collaborations to triage and resolve problems.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand requirements for test environments.
• B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
• 4+ years of experience in the area of systems engineering, integration, and test
• 4+ years of experience working with Linux, J2EE applications, databases/SQL, web applications, SOA/web services and mobile platforms
• Significant knowledge of all infrastructure components including servers, storage, switches and routers, firewalls and load balancers.
• Thorough understanding of virtualization design, build and administration of VMWare, Hyper-V or OpenStack and AWS or Azure cloud services.
• Strong knowledge with automation/configuration management using Chef, Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a high availability, highly scalable environment
• Understand the complete software development lifecycle from design, build, test, deploy
• Proven ability to analyze, debug and troubleshoot the root cause of applications’ issues
• An enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve problems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the organization
• Able to lead meetings and effectively summarize and prioritize topics
• Ability to clearly write technical documents
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent multitasking and time management skills with consistent attention to detail
• Good leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
• Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
Nice to Have:
• Two or more years of experience in leading technical teams
• Exposure to Cloud computing
• Proficiency in standard MS Office applications including MS Project
• Ability to quickly learn and communicate value of new technologies to technical and non-technical audiences
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.