What makes AT&T a global company? For starters, we support an impressive portfolio of large multi-nationals customers wherever they live and work. . We also have one of the largest networks ever created. Today, we’re bringing it all together with revolutionary devices and next generation services for U.S consumers and advanced communication, cloud application, and leading mobility solutions for business globally. Our collaborative approach to innovation is transforming what’s possible – in the home, in the car, and everywhere. With locations across the Asia Pacific, the Americas and EMEA, we’re the network of career possibilities that connects the world.
As the country HR subject matter expert the HR Country Specialist is responsible for ensuring compliance with the country's labour laws and employment practices. As a true HR generalist they will manage the integration of HR strategies, policies, procedures and disciplines whilst balancing the needs of the business in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
Working as a part of a Regional HR team that supports 12 countries in the Asia Pacific region and more broadly in over 60 countries worldwide, a role of this kind plays a key part in ensuring the continued success of the HR team and organization as a whole.
AT&T’s operation in Japan consists of approximately 120 employees located in Tokyo and Osaka.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The HR Country Specialist is responsible for delivering the following HR services in-country:
• Providing strategic HR guidance and leadership at a country level
• Providing support and guidance to local and overseas managers on country specific HR matters
• Managing employee relations activities, ensuring AT&T’s compliance with employment legislation
• Working in partnership with the HR Business Partners to ensure the professional management and implementation of organisational change/restructuring programs
• In Country implementation of AT&T HR programs
• Driving consistency at the country level
• Interface to suppliers and partners
• Leading country specific employee communications as required
• Participating as a member of the APAC HR Country Management team including input and involvement in wider International HR specific projects
• Raising awareness of HR country specific issues in collaboration with the HR Lead, Hong Kong & Japan.
Operating within a matrix organisation the successful candidate will need to possess the ability to impact and influence at all levels both in country and at times across geographic boundaries. They will also need to develop effective working relationships with HR Business Partners, HR Delivery and the wider HR team located around the globe.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Fluent in English - both spoken and business written to an exceptional standard.
• Bachelor degree and 5-7 years’ experience gained within an HR function. Ability to demonstrate influence and impact at a managerial level.
• In depth knowledge of in country labour legislation.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experienced in working and understanding the complexities of operating in an international environment.
• Persuasive and resilient.
• Pro-active and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Self confident, knowledgeable and pragmatic.
• Able to find innovative solutions to difficult problems.
• Change orientated and able to manage conflict resolution.
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.