You’re looking for an opportunity to do something incredible, right? As an industry leader we’re dedicated to connecting the world in groundbreaking and entertaining ways. And that’s when our Technology team members can really shine, combining your passion for innovation and drive towards the future. From mobile apps to products and services, here’s your chance to create and develop life-changing innovations.
AT&T Cybersecurity Consulting is a division of AT&T (a Fortune Global Top 10 company) and is looking for a senior information security practitioner with technical experience for the position of a Cybersecurity Consultant 2 located in Texas. The selected Consultant will be a part of a dynamic team of experienced security professionals with varied experiences. The Cyber Security Consultant provides oversight and support of clients’ security infrastructure. They will work directly and is operationally aligned with existing AT&T Managed Security policies/procedures and best practice. The SOC Consultant is responsible for overseeing the work performed in identifying attacks against clients’ networks and assessing the impact. If any countermeasures are required, the SOC Consultant is responsible for making the appropriate recommendation, coordinating with AT&T Managed Security Services and implementing the resolution.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
• Defining, tracking and maintaining the standard baselines and configuration sets of all managed and/or monitored security devices and implementing industry best practices with regards to Firewall, IDS/IPS, VPN and network configurations. The SOC Consultant maintains knowledge of current vulnerabilities, attacks and appropriate countermeasures. Interfaces with stakeholders including vendors, subcontractors, application development and technical support staff, and directly with the client. Provides advanced technical support to the SOC staff.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the SOC.
• Participate with the SOC management team in planning for vacations, holidays and other scheduled time off to ensure adequate coverage for SOC operations.
• Utilize systems and/or security operations skills to resolve or escalate client issues in a timely manner.
• Ensure that external and internal customers’ SLAs (Service Level Agreements) are met or exceeded.
• Manage technical staff responsible for monitoring and resolving customer issues, as well as accomplishing security operational objectives.
• Manage projects through cross-functional teams, interface with other departments and devise effective reporting tools.
• Provide prompt resolution and/or escalation of application/system problems, including determining root cause of a problem through finding an appropriate solution.
Qualifying Experience and Attributes:
• Experience with risk mitigation strategic decision-making: IT Asset Protection under high pressure, including protective strategies.
• Experience with Threat and Risk mitigation.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Ability to justify strategic protective strategies to Senior Management in a real-time threat/risk environment.
• Intrusion Response team leadership or prior management experience.
• Working knowledge of Computer Law (18 USC 1341, 1029, 1030, 1037, etc.).
• Thorough understanding of the legal process and experience collaborating with attorneys in time-critical decision-making processes.
• Able to lead, manage and develop technical teams in operational environments.
• Technical familiarity with firewalls, intrusion, incident handling, security processes, policies, management and regulatory requirements.
• Able to analyze operational performance data and metrics and determine courses of action.
• Able to develop and implement policies and procedures.
• Able to monitor, identify and swiftly correct process deficiencies.
• Four (4) to six (6) years of IT security related management, including hiring, firing, staff development, work and schedule assignments, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated success in managing, analyzing and solving complex network technical issues.
• Knowledge in Cisco IDS/IPS, Cisco Pix, Checkpoint NG, Nokia IPSO, Juniper/Netscreen Firewall, netForensics, Remedy, Citrix, Syslog analysis and Windows/Linux/UNIX Security configurations.
• Experience implementing and maintaining managed security services.
• CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification.
• Possess experience with incident management systems such as Remedy.
• CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) background.
• CISA (Certified Information System Auditor) and GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) certifications.
• Possess Microsoft Certified Professional certifications: MCDST, MCP, MCSA and MCSE.
• Possess Cisco certifications: CCIP and CCNP+S.
• Combination of experience on the enterprise (client) and vendor side.
Enjoyable, great benefits, good pay, little cog BIG SYSTEM
GREAT benefits, very understanding, and an excellent environment that fosters great leadership
Due to the separation and mergers of companies, the internal systems are difficult to navigate, sometimes redundant, or just plain confusing.Current Employee - Cyber Security Analyst
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.