Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of military operations. In addition, the 5G JBLM AR/VR project is to design and implement 5G solutions at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA and Orlando, FL that the US Army can use to train our military warfighters using iMILES and IVAS glasses.
AT&T has an opening for Project Manager to support the design, testing, implementation, and execution , in providing overall engineering and management support for numerous 5G mobility technical solutions for the US government.
- Construction Project Management (cell tower sites a plus)
- Customer Coordination on a medium sized (< 5M/2 yr) project
- Mobility/5G industry knowledge a plus
- PMP certification preferred/plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Oversee all aspects of service delivery and customer service/support
- Ability leading, supervising and managing small teams
- Time Management
- Scheduling of reporting/risk management
Secret clearance preferred. Interim Secret or the ability to clear for secret is acceptable
- Past performance as an on-site Project manager coordinating construction activities, performance on a Military installation highly desired but not a hard requirement.
- Management of day to day operations in an outdoor military training range environment.
- Experience in deploying, troubleshooting, and managing multiple on-site contractors (preferably supporting Federal Government clients on a fee-for-service or billable hours basis a plus).
- Develops project plans, ensuring resource availability and allocation and delivering every project on time within budget and scope.
- Manages a lab and live construction 5G mobility government project buildout of moderate risk and complexity; may have deputy responsibilities for larger overall program.
- Oversees that all required resources necessary manpower, production, computer time, testing/troubleshooting are available for the project.
- This job has a high level of complexity. Complexity to be determined internally and may or may not be a function of dollar volume or contract length.
- Frequently is involved simultaneously in several 5G solutions including deployment/testing/trial/real-world training exercises led by the US Army.
- Education: Typically requires a bachelor’s degree with emphasis in project management or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Typically requires a minimum of four years project management related experience and prior management experience.
- Understanding of PEO STRI’s overall mission.
- Ability to be self-sufficient with minimal instruction from direct management but with an ability to interact with DoD and senior military officials as needed. Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- CMMI and or ISO process implementation knowledge a plus
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.