Our National Security Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing, operating and assuring critical information and professional services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for an experienced Network Systems Administrator (SYSAD) to support the Government Program Office in Suitland, Maryland, in providing program support expertise.
- Work is located 100% on government site (no telework).
- Provide operations and maintenance support for Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 in a classified enterprise environment.
- Assume the role of technical SYSAD lead, oftentimes mentoring junior personnel.
- Participate in technical planning, project coordination, scheduled/unscheduled maintenance and operational support requirements.
- Develop, deploy and manage professional service solutions to support govt network.
- Assess current network server systems and make recommendations for improvements based on customer business and technical requirements.
- Engineer and analyze complex LAN and WAN systems, including planning, designing, evaluating and selecting operating systems and protocol suites.
- Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including email, file transfer, multimedia and teleconferencing.
- Support acquisition of hardware and software, as well as vendor services based on technical requirements.
- Expect some CONUS and OCONUS travel to support regional network implementation.
Current active TS/SCI clearance (must have current SSBI), reported in JPAS or DISS. (#topsecret)
- Seven (7) or more years of IT/SYSAD experience supporting Govt customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology related field.
- Active CompTIA Security+ certification or other approved baseline certification to achieve DoD Cyber Workforce IAT Level II qualification.
- Experience with: MS Exchange Server, MS SQL Server (up to and including ver 2012), MS SCCM, DNS in a Windows environment, Windows 2008/2012/2016 server operating systems, Windows 7/Windows 10 desktop operating systems, server patching/software loading, NetApp or enterprise data storage systems, VMWare virtual server environments, PowerShell scripting, Cisco Routing/Switching/Firewalls/UCS, FlexPod infrastructure solutions, McAfee Enterprise SIEM/EPO/ENS, TACLANE Firewall Encryption Devices, Active Directory and classified network security documentation development.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to effectively interact with customers, partners, and associates at all levels, both in person and through virtual telecommunication systems.
- Former DoD (military or civilian) experience desirable.
- At least one other professional certification in the IT field, such as MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, CISSP, ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, etc.
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.