Our Network Performance Tools Team is looking for an Engineer with 5-8 years of experience with VMWare SMARTS M&R(Monitor and Reporting) (also known as Dell EMC Watch4Net). This position is for an individual who will be working to help setup SMARTS M&R, develop Solution Packs for use within M&R, assist in the development/Ingestion of data from File/Database systems into M&R, create dashboards and reports with M&R by using M&R collect metrics, and assist in the development of API and report extraction and automation to external systems.
• Developing Dashboards in M&R
• Integrating IPAM and M&R
• Integrating to third-party authentication and access tools
• Experience with M&R web-services and API
• Configuring alarming with M&R
• Build Stream Collectors to import processed into M&R is a plus
• Building SolutionPacks for network device types is a plus
Technologies working with:
• Red-Hat Enterprise OS (Linux)
• Experience with Apache Tomcat
• Scripting in Python and Shell
• Global Enterprise Customer Managed services environments
• 5-8 years related technical architect experience.
• Proficient in Network Management, Tools and Protocols (Configuration, IP Network Address Management, Performance Management).
• Knowledge of data center infrastructure (including blade center design, data warehouse design, Ebusiness/web hosting design, etc.)
• Proficient in data communications protocols (TCP/IP, v4/v6, etc.) MPLS, BGP, OSPF, GMPLS
• Proficient in home and premise networking architectures, assessment and modeling.
• Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
• Understands Virtualization, Storage and Content Deliver Networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN).
• Knowledge in voice, video, and app technologies (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.).
• Understands wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum).
• AS degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related technical field
• Experience in building multiple versions of large customer facing systems addressing performance and scale.
• Develops technical documentation on applications and systems
• Ability to work with technical and business-oriented teams
Certification, Experience, and Education:
• EMC SMARTS Certification is desired
• SRM (Storage Resource Manager) Specialist (Dell EMC certification) is a plus