In AT&T, we’re connecting the world through the latest tech, top-of-the-line communications and the best in entertainment. Our groundbreaking digital solutions provide intuitive and integrated experiences for millions of customers across online, retail and care channels. Join our mission to deliver compelling communication and entertainment experiences to customers around the world as we continue to evolve as a technology-powered, human-centered organization.
About the Team
The Consumer Quality Engineering team within the AT&T Consumer Technology Platform team is responsible for delivering quality out to the customer within a Consumer Federated model to deliver high quality solutions leveraging Agile Testing enabled through automation (CI/CD) and supported by shared ecosystem services.
Currently seeking an energetic and experienced technical quality software engineer, who is passionate about the Consumer experience from sales, ordering, billing platforms and has analytical and multi-tasking abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Reports to Associate Director of Quality Engineering supporting the quality assurance of the Consumer ecosystem from the front our systems that are being used for retail, care channels and web channels to our backend Business Sales Systems (BSS), as we pivot to newly modernized QE technologies and processes.
- This candidate will work to help drive strategy and approach across IT, Network, and the Business in support of QE Transformational Initiatives through solution and enterprise testing. This role will continue to focus on improving speed of test execution through improved planning efficiencies and innovation, with examples being execution automation through Ginger, along with networking, CICD, Agile, Python, Java languages, and testing tools – selenium
- Participate in design discussions about new features and approaches to implementing new services and collaborate cross-functionality to analyze, develop, and implement end-to-end solutions.
- Supports the CQE delivery lead through technical tasks and work with product managers to understand feature requirements. plan short-term efforts and assist with the planning of medium- and long-term efforts and multi-team project
- Provides support to lead architect, vendor led squad teams with test case development, test automation and execution to ensure all engineering deliverables are being met on time and tracked properly using existing and modernized tooling (Jira Align, Itrack, Zephyr, ML/AI AQUA. Etc.)
- Collaborates with cross functional teams on test architecture and design to support the building of new features and maintain existing ones by fixing defects and refactoring old code.
- Drives shifting of UEX and POC tests to be automated within squad test timeline not after or during enterprise testing. This required working with business partners and internal teams to obtain test cases in advance at the time of One Design, the latest at solution level testing so teams can provide automation demo to build confidence level to eventually not perform after pre-production solution/ and or enterprise testing.
- Supports the Consumer Quality Delivery Lead with driving the solution and enterprise engineering of features over the vendor managed squad teams.
- Participate in walkthrough/grooming of Capabilities/ Feature use cases with ARTs
- Create Test Plans, Scenarios/Use Cases and Test Cases associated with a Capability/Feature. Ensure that all Test Cases are in alignment with automation framework
- Write E2E scenario TCs, maximize test coverage for a feature and minimize impact of disruptive test cases.
- Design and implement automation tests and frameworks to enable continuous deployment and continuous testing for CTP across all phases
- Ensures that all automation scripts have gone through standard code quality checks and Gerrit/ Code Cloud review and are incorporated into CI/CD process. Along with ensure that are automated test cases follow community standards.
- Shakeouts testcases and scripts, debug failures and raise defects where necessary.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience. Experience: Typically requires 3-5 years experience.
Job ID 2138318-1 Date posted 07/01/2021