At AT&T we’re redefining the future of connectivity. At our core is a passion to serve our customers with products and services that create connections, improve lives and allow millions to share the stories and experiences that matter. Our Corporate teams are fueled by innovation and a desire to connect the world in meaningful ways. Join our team and bring your bold ideas, supporting and transforming our business across areas like marketing, finance and more.
Audit Team Overview:
- This group of professionals often works as management consultants in the review of existing systems and procedures, or in the development of new or modified systems and procedures.
- Primary responsibilities include coordinating and administering internal auditing, including operation and technology centric assignments.
- Typical audit project team structure consists of several staff auditors reporting to the Associate Director-Audit.
- Audit responsibilities include the review, analysis, and monitoring of procedures and systems of internal controls within the organization.
- Responsible for managing a team in conducting and documenting audit projects.
- May be an audit specialist or SME in a specific area, supervising the work of, and providing guidance to less experienced auditors.
- May work in a limited role as an extension of the company’s independent auditors and/or on highly sensitive independent projects.
- Receives only policy level direction from management, and responsible for determining process and business risks, identifying the relevant internal control designs and developing test plans to assess control effectiveness.
- Prepares, writes and reviews audit reports that include developing recommendations for improving the procedures being audited.
- May participate in audits in high-risk areas such as new services, emerging technologies and mergers and acquisitions.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Provides leadership for project team by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Performs all personnel management activities for subordinates including recruitment, training, performance evaluation and salary management; encourages professional development through job assignments and training.
- Influences decisions regarding the hiring, firing, disciplinary action, promotional activity, and pay decisions for subordinates.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas of accounting, finance, and information systems. An advanced degree would be preferred.
- 7+ years experience in internal audits, public accounting, or similar engagements
- 5+ years’ management experience
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other audit-related certification
- Experience in executing all phases of audits including developing audit programs, conducting detailed fieldwork testing, formulating conclusions and presenting results to management
- Excellent project management and report writing experiences are desired.
- Demonstrated abilities in performing audits related to Information Technology general controls
- Audit experience with Big 4 or national public accounting firm preferred
Currently hiring in the Atlanta, Dallas, San Antonio or St Louis areas for a hybrid office role (Flex office).
A career with us, a global leader in communications and technology, comes with big rewards. As part of our team, you’ll lead transformation surrounded by trailblazing industry leaders like you. You’ll be empowered to go above and beyond – making a difference through company-sponsored initiatives or connecting and networking through one of our many employee groups. And regardless of where you’re at in your career trajectory, you’ll be rewarded by the impact that comes with making a difference in the lives of millions. With AT&T, you’ll be a part of something greater, do incredible things and be rewarded with a chance to change the world.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2240475-1 Date posted 09/09/2022