Our DOS Team supports the DOS FPT mission by providing day-to-day and critical telecommunications systems and services.
AT&T has an opening for a WIFI Engineer to support the DOS LAN/WAN Services Division, in providing worldwide design, deployment, support and management of WIFI in the DOS LAN and WAN environments. This position is contingent upon contract award, which is expected in January 2020.
- The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide network engineering services to over 100,000 customers globally.
- Design, document, and prototype WIFI solutions and fixes for enterprise testing and adoption.
- Possesses and applies intermediary knowledge regarding the maintenance, operation, and implementation of network physical and WIFI transport solutions.
- Capable of configuring, testing, implementing, and maintaining networking (LAN/WAN) Cisco wired and wireless technologies and devices.
- Capable of evaluating WIFI performance results, performing WIFI risk assessments, recommending changes affecting network transport configuration/implementation, documenting, and developing procedures and processes.
- Provide Tier II support maintenance activities on a worldwide basis.
Top Secret (#topsecret)
5 years of progressive WIFI telecommunications survey, deployment, and management experience, 3 years’ experience integrating WIFI solutions into enterprise level physical networks. 1 year Cisco AIR Series WIFI wireless controllers and access points, 1 year experience performing WIFI deployment surveys and creating heat maps.
Proven experience/work within the DOS or other Federal Agency at the enterprise level, 5 years of complex/remote WIFI network management, CCNA or CCNP or Cisco course 300-430 ENWLSI “Implementing Cisco Enterprise Wireless Networks”
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.