Our National Security team supports elements of the US Government responsible for informing and defending our nation – globally. As a partner on the SERENA contract, we provide leadership and professional services in telephony lifecycle services for a national security client.
AT&T has an opening for a Telephony Project Engineer to support a US Govt. customer in the Northern VA area in providing programmatic operations and oversight to a critical professional services contract.
- Perform customer site surveys for building cable/fiber design supporting IP based endpoints and infrastructure.
- Perform customer site surveys in building cable/fiber design for traditional telephony endpoints and infrastructure
- Display Knowledge of current building cabling standards
- Display Knowledge of fiber optic on-premise cabling design
- Prepare and brief design documentation for cabling new buildings and expanding cable infrastructure in existing buildings
- Design and plan transition from traditional telephony cabling to current building cable design which supports IP based endpoints.
- Develop Bill of Materials for procurement based on cabling design
- Develop standards for building cabling to be implemented across all sites
Top Secret (TS) SCI w/Polygraph (#polygraph)
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience. 10+ years of experience building cabling design and deployment.
- Excellent verbal, written communications skills, customer engagement and organization skills are a must. Excellent organizational skills.
ITIL certification(s), BICSI certifications
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.