What makes Europe one of our most important regions? It’s our presence in nearly every country, the AT&T Foundry in Israel and significant tech expertise in the UK, Czech Republic and Slovakia. But that’s not all. Our 5,000+ employees deliver a range of advanced solutions to multinational companies across the region and beyond.
Requires working knowledge of the technologies that provide Edge Networking services, Mobility, Security and Cloud and interact with it in large-scale customer environments. Customer billable trusted advisor and technical designer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Leads or participates in the successful delivery of complex customer IT Edge Networking projects from planning, design to implementation.
• Solves complex, cross-functional issues that cross technologies in network, server, storage, O/S, virtualization, consolidation, middleware, security applications, operations, content switching, caching and/or content delivery networks and security.
• Applies good analytic process to help bring any issue to resolution. Ability to synthesize complexities into clear communication and action plans.
• Provides technical networking expertise for AT&T customer projects.
• Working closely with customer teams and AT&T customer account teams across the Nordics, UK and the rest of Europe.
• Continuously focuses on project delivery excellence and high level of customer satisfaction.
• Delivers migration plans migrations and upgrades, has therefore a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies.
• Good business judgment, a comfortable, open communication style, and a willingness and ability to work with customers and teams.
• The candidate will be part of AT&T’S Global Consulting team, providing technical networking expertise within the team.
• Candidate will report to European Head of Consulting and be based in Sweden with European Travel frequently.
Key Competencies and Skills:
Technical Skills Required
• Understanding of edge networking architectures, experience in planning, design & implementation of fixed, mobile and datacentre networking infrastructures.
• Will be able to design, deploy & support leading vendor network & datacentre products with hands-on experience in operation and configuration of network edge infrastructure & services e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, storage networks, application optimizers and servers.
• Experience in virtualisation network functions (VNFs), security and network traffic optimization appliances are essential.
• Over-The-Top (OTT), Software Defined Networking (SDN) and orchestration preferable; VeloCloud, Silver Peak, Viptela, Ciena/BluePlanet, etc.
• Experience with advanced network analytics platforms; NetBrain, Syslog/SCOM, Azure, BMC SolarWinds, Splunk, Dynatrace, Netformx, etc..
• Experience in leading a team in applying all elements of Technical Consulting
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
• Experience in building and designing large multi-protocol inter-networks
• Demonstrated industry awareness
Consulting Skills Required
• Passionate, persuasive, articulate, edge networking technical professional capable of quickly establishing interest and credibility in how to design, deploy and operate edge-based technologies within the virtualized networks of the future.
• Strong written, verbal and workshop skills
• Experience in working in PMP, Prince2 or PMI methodology managed projects.
• Experience in enterprise applications, solutions and datacentre infrastructures.
• Understands and can articulate the technical merits and value of edge, mobility, cloud and virtualization
• Strong customer-interaction skills and architectural skills.
• Ability to quickly establish credibility and excitement with business leaders, as well as work collaboratively and in a hands-on manner with technical professionals.
• Proven ability to document appropriate technical information to serve as base for training, technical operations run books and knowledge management.
Education and Qualifications:
• 3+ years of experience in Edge Security & networking technologies.
• 5+ years of experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions and in pre-sales, customer-facing consulting or other relevant technical experience.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle, including; OTT SD Networking preferable; VeloCloud, SilverPeak, Viptela etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent experience
• CCNP mandatory, CCIE Routing & Switching preferred
• Exposure and working level knowledge of working with and interfacing to global delivery teams
• Understanding of Open Network Architecture Platform (ONAP) standards
• Mandatory Travel within Nordics, UK and EU
Had a fantastic experience at at& for the last 14 years in different roles
Great team of colleagues that I worked with and a lot of different cultures which all worked well together.
Some managers do not know how to be a manager and manage a teamFormer Employee - Senior Specialist Technical Support
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.