About jobs in Slovakia at AT&T
Slovakia holds great appeal; it’s a skilled team and a vibrant economy in the heart of central Europe. Joining AT&T here means solving the business and technology challenges of customers and corporations worldwide. From services that entertain to products that are shaping the future in every industry sector. Together we’re enabling ideas that support growth and human progress. That means you’ll have plenty of inspiration all around you.
He is the Technical leader of deployment phase for various projects on customer network.
Participates on design and deploys network solutions, performs network changes of medium and high complexity.
Configures various types of devices, supports LAN / WAN / WLAN infrastructure and interacts with internal and external partners to complete tasks required to deliver project in line with standards and customer contract.
Acts as SME for various technologies and owns related processes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manages, delivers and deploys aspects of network architecture, design, engineering and detail network specifications in order to migrate client from current network environment to the new environment.
• This position will directly interface with business customers, those who are planning to purchase or have purchased an AT&T Managed Service.
• Should be able to understand complex customer requirements and translate them into a configurable design/solutions that can be supported from within AT&T services frameworks.
• May include vendor management, client relations, resource planning and management, project management and quality assurance, new equipment installation and configuration and client training .
• The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the integration of cross service installations, working as an individual or as part of a team deploying changes to existing customer networks.
• Responsibilities will include and not limited to the ability to produce technical documentation, along with liaising with third parties and internal groups to schedule and support deployments and changes within agreed time scales arranged with the customer.
• The individual is responsible for technical validation of the solution, updates to AT&T internal databases, planning and preparation of migration plans for cut-over to the AT&T service. They will have an in-depth knowledge of logical router configurations and both LAN and WAN routing topologies as well as a business understanding of the Managed Service offers.
• Act as single point of technical contact for internal and external customers and provide SME support for escalated operational issues.
• Provides technical guidance / configuration notes to the implementation engineers and support as appropriate for completing customer migrations.
• Perform critical network changes or of high complexity
Key Competencies and Skills:
Excellent English Language skills
Proficiency with software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
Strong data entry and PC skills
Extended knowledge in LAN/WAN administration
Cisco Routers and switches – CCNP or CCNP SP (CCIP) level (or higher) is desired
Knowledge in the area of networking and Cisco equipment configuration
Hands-on experience with Cisco based networks.
Expertise in routing protocols (including BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP)
Expertise in Network designing, Managed LAN services, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
Expertise in IP sub netting, NAT, IPV4 & IPv6
Advanced knowledge of MPLS and Quality of Service technologies
Advanced knowledge of network designing, implementation, trouble shooting & device management.
Working knowledge of MPS, Frame-Relay, ATM, PPP, Ethernet, POS and all forms of WAN technologies
Working knowledge of Routers, Switches, CSU/DSU, bridges, IMA equipment, Load Balancers, WAN Acceleration devices
Working knowledge of VOIP and IP Telephony, IPSec is required
Professional level certifications in Cisco, Juniper, F5/Riverbed/Fortigate/Palo Alto products/technologies is desirable
User level skills on Linux, Unix & scripting (python) is highly desirable
Knowledge of SDN/NFV domain for the Enterprise and Service Provider networks is desirable
Knowledge of security products and technologies is desirable
Knowledge of Cloud technologies and applications is desirable
Knowledge of switching & routing functions on Juniper platform is desirable
Should be well organized, detail oriented and is flexible to help meet business requirements
Innovative with capability to adapt to new environments and drive changes successfully
Candidate shall be result oriented and is self-driven for delivering projects independently
Customer focused, presentation skills; strong oral and written communication skills
A Strong team player, analytical thinker & problem solver and delivers with speed.
Education and Qualifications:
Engineering / Science Graduate and above
CCNP knowledge (will be tested) is must
Location: Bratislava OR Kosice
Working hours: EMEA (9.00am-5.30pm) with flexibility to work US hours if needed
Salary from 2240 € brutto per month. Actual salary is likely to be higher based on skills, knowledge and experience.
I will never regret my decision to start working in AT&T. It's changed my life.
Higher salary than the average in the region. Good cooperation within team and other teams. Opportunity to grow - you are not stuck in one position if you have the will to go further.
There is a great fluctuation of people in some teams which make it difficult to rely on co-workers. Sometimes it is tough to understand all those English accents from all around the worldCurrent Employee - Lead Network Engineer
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
On top of sickness compensation, you’re covered with a private medical program, plus extensive life and disability insurance.
All our people earn discounts on the latest and greatest AT&T products and services.
Earn extra pay for major life events and our annual team awards.
Team building events
Connect with your coworkers at sports games, cultural events and other outings.
Make your life better and more fun with discounts on select tickets, memberships and more.
Parking right by your office makes travelling to work even easier.
Our award-winning AT&T University can help you learn new skills and grow your career.
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.