At AT&T we’re redefining the future of communication by connecting people to greater possibility – with expertise, simplicity, and inspiration. At the heart of our purpose lies a diverse workforce of 200,000 people and a culture that aspires to serve customers first, act boldly, move faster, and win as one.
Our Product Development group, part of AT&T’s Technology Services (ATS) organization, is responsible for building software-based products, services, and platforms that our customers love and need. Harnessing technology and rebuilding software expertise the team is inspiring simplicity with projects that deliver revenue and cost savings opportunities.
We’re hiring for an engineer of full stack development with a background in cross-platform software engineering and experience with delivering projects. This opportunity will support the transformation of our industry standard order and delivery management systems. You will work on new and existing features, enhancements, and defect resolution on one or more of AT&T’s software systems and platforms. The position requires close collaboration with U.S based Product Management, Business Systems, and Operations teams throughout system development life cycles.
To be successful in this role you have an active background in software engineering with middleware and databases exposure. You will have experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and are expected to have good teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills. You will need a deep understanding of software methodologies and the ability to balance technical expertise and acumen. Ideally you may have had previous experience in a rapid-growth start-up enterprise. Alternatively, you have likely worked within an international environment and possess the entrepreneurial mindset to build and successfully contribute to teams of software engineers.
- Design, implement, and trouble-shoot scalable and reusable software systems: 3-tier and cloud-based systems.
- Actively support configuration management of code and software.
- Support detailed documentation of systems and features.
- Act as liaison between external vendors and internal product, business, engineering, and design teams.
- Actively participate in coding exercises and peer code reviews as part of the development life cycles and change management.
- Actively participate in daily stand-up meetings.
- 8 - 10 years of experience with Software architecture. Linux/Unix system programming and opensource frameworks experience (e.g., gcc/C). Object-oriented programming experience (e.g Java etc.). Code reviews and analyzers. Network protocol and tools experience (e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP(S), IPv4, etc.). Web API experience and architectural styles (e.g., REST). Python or other scripting language experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the field of Engineering, Math or Science preferred.
- Experience in business process analysis, data modeling and ability to proactively identify, manage, and correct data quality issues.
- Experience with Salesforce & Salesforce Industries (velocity/omniscript) technologies
- Experience and knowledge of APIs, micro Services, SOA, ESB, ETL concepts and tools.
- Technical skills would include Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Vlocity - CPQ, React, SaaS development, Jira, Scaled Agile Framework or full stack developer
- Familiarity with agile tools (Jira, ADO, Figma)
- Experience within high tech, software and/or wireless/telecom industry highly desired
- Salesforce certifications or Developer (Full Stack)
Our Principal (Full Stack) Product Development Engineers earn between $141,300 - $237,400 Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone.
AT&T is leading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry. We're developing new technologies to make it easier for our customers to stay connected to their world. Together, we’ve built a premier integrated communications and entertainment company and an amazing place to work and grow. Team up with industry innovators every time you walk into work, creating the world you always imagined. Ready to #transformdigital with us? Apply now!
Job ID 2329840-1 Date posted 09/18/2023