Member of team migrating VM-based and docker-based network service delivery and service assurance applications from AT&T on-prem to Azure AKS, PaaS, and/or IaaS. This transformation will convert the majority of our on-premises application hosting to third-party cloud resources over a two year period.
Operate in a Devops culture with focus on executing a joint development and operations delivery model. This includes working closely with the development orgs ensuring operational requirements are delivered and using key technology skills to deliver infrastructure and automation elements as a contributor.
- Support platform hardening efforts & address platform wide compliance related items to contain and drive down ongoing costs. This includes improving deployment and configuration automation to reduce environment delivery times and improve quality.
- Tune applications in connection with JVM, pool size, JDBC, and JMS configurations. Maintain and iterate technical solutions for environment related configurations and standards.
- Develop/Evolve tooling using applications including Java, python, and Unix Shell Script to support production environments.
- Manage common tooling solutions for tenant operations using HEAT templates, DNS management using iDNS, haproxy/vF5 loadbalancer setup.
- Responsible for the uptime and availability of supported applications and ensure the proper deployment of application upgrades in pre-production and test or production environments.
- Application monitoring using Nagios, Topaz, TAP-M, Azure, and Splunk.
- Perform Production Application Support (PAS) functions and Business Operations Assurance (BOA) functions.
Education: Preferred Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; Developer nanodegree; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 3-5 years experience
- Experience with or subject matter expert in key technologies and strategies used by the group in automation and environment maintenance. Examples of key technologies are Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform, Openstack, Chef, and Ansible.
- Environment: Azure, ArgoCD, Terraform, Cloudify, Openstack, Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, nova, HEAT, haproxy, Git, Jenkins, Unix shell scripting, Subversion, Configuration Engine, Remedy, nagios, instroscope, Sun Solaris, Unix/Linux, SoftwareManager(SWM), Global/Local Resource Manager.
- Able to work cross functionally with other business units
- Devops experience
Our DevOps Professional Software Engineer’s earn between 95,500-190,900 Yearly. Not to mention all of the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here.
Job ID 2138369-3 Date posted 07/01/2021