Our Air, Space, & Strategic Defense Division supports the warfighter by offering Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Logistics, Network, IoT, and other advanced capabilities to the US Space Force (USSF) Space Operations Command (SpOC).
AT&T has an opening for an IT Service Desk Event/Incident Manager to support the US Space Force in providing consolidated defensive cybersecurity and cybersecurity intelligence.
This position is for a IT Service Desk Event/Incident Manager supporting the United States Space Force (USSF) Space Operations Command (SpOC) Intelligence and Cyberdefense Enterprise Services (SPICES) Contract. The candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise to ensure current and future capability for execution and sustainment of the space mission. The candidate will develop analysis and implement strategic goals to refine and improve the operational mission capability of USSF’s assets. The candidate must demonstrate applicable experience with Cyber Operations, Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Specific work to be performed includes the following:
- Receive, monitor, review and coordinate all initial cyberspace event/incident notifications reported to ACCC.
- Receive, coordinate and provide SITREPs to CCDR, MAJCOM, SpOC, and 624 OC leadership related to outage and other network events impacting the AFIN and/or MAJCOM mission.
- Coordinate OPREP as outlined in AFI 10-206.
- Inform Government of applicable CCIRs, affecting or with the potential to affect missions, facilities or personnel, within 2 hours of receipt.
- Ability to develop in depth understanding of ongoing activities and potential or actual mission impact.
- Recommend and help improve/streamline/repair existing processes and implementation procedures.
- Coordinate across the cyber and space operational units to develop common understanding and roadmap towards more reliable IT network and operational systems.
- Assist units by coordinating with USSTRATCOM, USCYBERCOM, USSF, 624 OC (AFCYBER), and subordinate units to clarify, deconflict, and track incidents, initiatives, and tasks required in conducting cyberspace operations on space mission systems and USSF portions of the AFIN.
- Participate in SpOC Operational Planning Team actions as required.
- Provide strategic theories, methodologies, and direction to customer in support of Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) activities for space mission systems.
- Coordinate with Special Program Offices (SPOs) and Project Management Offices (PMOs) to ensure network and system cyberspace defense elements are identified, tracked, and resolved.
- Assist in the development of subordinate orders to resolution of issue and work to preclude future issues of the same nature, proactive preventative measures.
- Prepare and present briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of USSF and SpOC.
- Provide after-hours on-site support for cyberspace incident remediation within 2 hours of notification.
- Identify and document unauthorized activity and/or attacks and notify MAJCOM/CC and SpOC/CC as required and according to documented procedures.
- Rsponsible for the tracking and monitoring of identified events/incidents, acknowledge receipt, reporting and updates to leadership, and managing the overall support and coordination to ensure maximum attention as necessary to address and resolve issues or concerns with affected systems.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for team members.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; write comprehensive studies; and maintain good working relationships.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; message distribution/retrieval programs; and Analyst Notebook.
- Perform records management of sustainment related deliverables and documentation.
- Participate in customer exercises, after duty hours may be required.
- Ensure adherence to Government policies, master plans and schedules, and develop solutions to program problems.
- 4 years’ experience in communications squadron (or sister service equivalent), industry cybersecurity, or USCYBERCOM/AFCYBER/624 OC
- Security+ desired
- Military Space or Cyberspace Operations experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience
- Additional Cybersecurity certifications such as: CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISA, etc. a plus.
- As a representative of Team AT&T and USSF, must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of USAF/USSF Space Systems. Knowledge of cybersecurity and cybersecurity intelligence preferred.
- Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
- Willingness to travel (note- will include both air and ground transportation).
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.