Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
AT&T Hardware Engineers conduct site surveys, fiber testing, system installation, and system support. Hardware engineers support procurement, acceptance, staging, deployment, configurations, installation, and testing of network hardware required to support the upgrade of the Western Range Communications Subsystem (CMSS). Hardware Engineers are assigned to the Western Range Modernization Network (WMN) Range Deployment Team.
- Fabricate, test, troubleshoot/repair various types of cable assemblies, including but not limited to; coax, multi-conductor/-paired cables, and network cables.
- Installation of under-floor/over-head cable trays, conduit, and fiber innerduct.
- Reference and comprehend equipment manuals, product specification sheets, blueprints, drawings, and engineering sketches to complete range deployment tasks
- Correctly operate test equipment, connector crimpers, die inserts, stripping tools, power tools, and other common hand tools and shop equipment.
- Participate in cross-functional customer facing product teams (IPTs).
- Support Cyber/IA team to ensure network is hardened to meet security needs.
- Support Program Manager in estimating, reporting, and planning hardware deployment tasks.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures pertaining to job site safety, security, and time-keeping.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- A Bachelor’s degree in related technical field or equivalent work experience. Requires 5-7 years experience.
- Experience with electronic equipment fabrication & assembly, cable fabrication, equipment installation, and wiring termination/harnessing experience
- Demonstrated ability to quickly establish proficiency on new IT products/product lines
- Experience on a DoD system development program. Ideal candidate will have VAFB range experience and be able to work in Integrated Product Team environments with our prime contractor, other subcontractors, and government/government advisors.
- Recognized certification in network technology (i.e. Network+, CCNA, etc.). Experience designing, configuring, installing, integrating and testing an IPv6 network, network hardware installation, configuration, and testing.Experience with common circuit/signal testers like Fireberd, Fluke, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Experience with relevant industry software products like MS Office, MS Project, MS Sharepoint, etc.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.