Our Air, Space, & Strategic Defense Division supports the warfighter by offering Systems Engineering, Cybersecurity, Logistics, Network, IoT, and other advanced capabilities to the US Space Force (USSF) Space Operations Command (SpOC).
AT&T has an opening for a Cyberspace Orders Analyst for Space Mission Systems to support the US Space Force in providing consolidated defensive cybersecurity and cybersecurity intelligence.
This position is for a Cyberspace Orders Analyst supporting the United States Space Force (USSF) Space Operations Command (SpOC) Intelligence and Cyberdefense Enterprise Services (SPICES) Contract. The candidate will provide Subject Matter Expertise to ensure completion of cyberspace operations orders from 24AF (AFCYBER). The candidate will develop and implement strategic goals to refine and improve the defense and mission capability USSF’s assets supporting space mission systems. The candidate must demonstrate applicable experience with Cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Specific work to be performed includes the following:
- Ability to support efforts to achieve/maintain ATO within schedule.
- Coordinate/assist IT Service Desk regarding cyberspace orders, provide analysis, mission impact and POA&M development.
- Assist units by coordinating with USSTRATCOM, USCYBERCOM, USSF, 624 OC (AFCYBER), and subordinate units to clarify, deconflict, and track tasks required in conducting cyberspace operations on space mission systems and USSF portions of the AFIN.
- Provide strategic theories, methodologies, and direction to customer in support of Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) activities for space mission systems.
- Coordinate with Special Program Offices (SPOs) and Project Management Offices (PMOs) to ensure network and system cyberspace defense elements are identified, tracked, and resolved.
- Collaborate with SPOs to prioritize vulnerability patching and mitigation efforts accounting for mission impact, intelligence, and likelihood of exploitation.
- Discern relevant and applicable cyber orders directed by other organizations as they apply to space systems.
- Participate in SpOC Operational Planning Team actions as required.
- Participate in planning and design processes to ensure Cyberspace Security is accounted for in future space systems.
- Provide strategic theories, methodologies, and direction to customer in support of CSSP activities for USSF portions of the AFNET and space mission systems.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for team members.
- Ability to develop in depth understanding of ongoing activities and potential or actual mission impact, brief leadership and track progress/completion/challenges to completing assigned orders.
- Coordinate and address conflicting guidance with I-NOSCs and CCDR DCO organizations.
- Lead for POA&M monitoring, updates, resolution, and briefing appropriate Gov POCs.
- Prepare and present briefings, reports, informational analyses in support of USSF and SpOC.
- Provide persistent assessment of operational risks and vulnerabilities as they pertain to cyberspace orders, coordinate requests for relief if orders suspense cannot be met.
- Review the generic/AF-wide orders and write subordinate order tailoring tasks to the technical details of space systems, utilizing existing Air Force Forces (AFFOR) processes to order subordinate units to implement taskings.
- Recommend and help improve/streamline/repair existing processes and implementation procedures.
- Track completion of ordered tasks to subordinate units and respond to questions from subordinate units for assistance with task completion- excellent customer support required.
- Assist the customer by supporting routine and emergency Cyberspace Protection Team (CPT) requests.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; negotiate complex issues; write comprehensive studies; and maintain good working relationships.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; message distribution/retrieval programs; and Analyst Notebook.
- Perform records management of sustainment related deliverables and documentation.
- Participate in customer exercises, after duty hours may be required.
- Ensure adherence to Government policies, master plans and schedules, and develop solutions to program problems.
- Accomplish all other tasks as assigned by Team AT&T leadership or Government personnel.
- 4 years’ experience in communications squadron (or sister service equivalent), industry cybersecurity, or USCYBERCOM/AFCYBER/624 OC
- Security+ desired
- Military Space or Cyberspace Operations experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience
- Additional Cybersecurity certifications such as: CISM, CompTIA Security+, CISSP, CISA, etc. a plus.
- As a representative of Team AT&T and USSF, must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel). Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
- Thorough knowledge of USAF/USSF Space Systems. Knowledge of cybersecurity and cybersecurity intelligence preferred.
- Microsoft Windows operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware.
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
- Willingness to travel (note- will include both air and ground transportation).
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.