AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
Our National Security Team supports the intelligence community, providing, operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of operations.
AT&T has an opening for Tier II Technician - to support the customer’s computer data communications systems, in providing design specifications, testing and inspections for computer networks; plan and implementing upgrades; as well as, analyzing and organizing corresponding hardware and software combined solutions through network modeling.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- The Tier 2 network field technician will support the installation and maintenance of the client LAN/WAN devices. Respond to and resolve incident tickets
- Provide support to Tier 3 network engineers for incident management and projects (site surveys, coordinate and install new equipment)
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades. Perform configuration management functions such as update topology drawings, ensure asset management records are accurate, inventory
- Layer 1 and Layer 2 network experience
- Configure and troubleshoot layer 2 switching (VLAN’s)
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Juniper JUNOS, Brocade and Foundry OS
- Familiar (doesn’t need to be a SME) with Layer 3 protocols such as OSPF, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, MPLS, LSP, GRE. Familiar with Viso and Service Now
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph. (#tssci)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must comply with DoD 8570 IAT Level 2.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network
- May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures
- Perform a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing network architecture
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Prepare troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles
- Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitor security posture of the network, report suspected violations to designated authority
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components for network management systems
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput); recommend procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Optimize network topologies and site configurations
- Plan installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities
- Coordinate requirements with users and suppliers
- Organize and direct network installations on site surveys
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements
- Maintain operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs
- Apply software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications
- Ensure these systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards - such as the IEEE Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application
- Evaluate and recommend COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions
AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.