This position is a director-level, individual contributor position for leading a small team that will lead data-related application architecture transformation opportunities, specializing in K2View Fabric technology. The team will guide solutions, establish best practices, drive adoption, advocate for and distribute training, and personally develop and deliver specific solutions in the realm of data-related applications.
The person in this role must be a driven self-starter able to create and execute a strategy for the small team. It does not have direct reports but will be the leader to guide this team and success will be based on how well the team is able to drive adoption and implementation.
- 10+ years in Database Architecture
- 10+ years experience in programming/scripting (Java, C++, C#/Python, shell, etc.)
- Advanced level experience in Emerging Technologies and IT Trends
Additional Technical Skills:
- K2View Fabric (Architectural understanding as well as hands-on development and implementation experience; not mandatory but extremely highly valued)
- SQL and NoSQL database design and query optimization (Cassandra expertise is critical, including optimization and configuration)
- Azure cloud architecture (Certification required, industry experience a plus)
- Linux-based DevOps
- Apache Kafka
- Apache ZooKeeper
- Terraform scripting
Experiences, Traits, Responsibilities:
- Leading teams of peers or subordinates through technical solutioning and delivery
- Creating a delivery strategy and being accountable through execution
- Solid presentation skills to leadership, including Senior leaders
- Clear communication and ability to describe complex, technical topics at an appropriate level to the audience
- Ability to proactively drive engagements with other teams and departments
- Create and clearly document technical best practices and white papers
- Collaborate with others within and outside of the organization
- Humility to accept when alternate solutions are superior and always do what is best for the company and the customers
- Familiarity with AT&T internal software and organizational landscape is a plus
Education: Preferred Masters of Science degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math; or equivalent experience.
Associate Director Technology Development
Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies.
Support for women in technical leadership roles.
Pride in diversity & inclusion with 12 Employee Resource Groups with 40k+ members.
Great benefits including 4+ weeks vacation, 6% salary match of 401k, paid maternity/paternity leave, financial support for adoption.
Flexibility to work from home or office in newly renovated collaboration zones.
Lots of opportunity to move around the company & work on new products.
Process heavy with lots of administrative overhead.Current Employee - Associate Director Technology Development
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.