As a Technical Sales Consultant, you’ll work in a specialty sales position responsible for generating sales, partnering with direct sellers, and designing complex and technical products, services, applications, and solutions to solve customers’ strategic business needs. In this role, you’ll serve as the technical lead on mission critical sales projects and collaborate across teams. You’ll consult, advise and assist with technical concepts, principles, strategies and alternatives. Your work will drive engagement through the Integrated Solution Sales Lifecycle – Design, Price, Propose, Contract, Close.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for identifying voice transformation opportunities, building a funnel and closing deals with the support of the direct sales and technical sales teams. Complex products and services are a priority for the company and the Voice Transformation org. as we aim to deliver on our strategic growth objectives for 2021; as such, this role requires specific focus and expertise.
You’ll spend the majority of your time engaging clients virtually. Post-pandemic, you’ll transition to customer locations to develop and present sales proposals and systems solutions for projects of low to moderate complexity.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and direct the technical selling efforts of voice, collaboration and contact center services which include: Cisco IP Telephony, Office@Hand and Microsoft Teams expertise, AT&T Webex Calling and Webex Conferencing Services, Zoom and Contact Center technologies such as Five 9, Genesys and InContact.
- Partner with direct sellers and specialty sales executives to close sales.
- Develop technical sales approaches to accelerate technology adoption, reduce deployment timeframes and minimize risks.
- Serve as coordinator and technical expert in the facilitation of product/service design, business processes and functional areas associated with the solution architecture and design.
- Configure solutions, design, develop proposals and presentations, application and industry support, project management, implementation and technical assurance.
- Deliver, manage and consult on strategic network service solutions based upon specific customer needs as identified in the account planning process.
- Seek and develop external partnerships for key strategic opportunities for custom, complex solutions that drive value for the business and customers.
- Partner with organizations (GSE, IS - formally Network Integration), Product Management, AT&T Labs, Network Design and Consulting, AT&T Consulting).
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license
- 5 - 10 years of direct work experience in the contact center, collaboration or cloud space.
- Vertical sales experience in IT solutions selling to any of the following: retail, manufacturing, finance, healthcare, transportation/logistics, consumer packaged goods, etc.
- Strong technical knowledge of IP networks (AVPN/SIP and SD WAN technologies) and integration with cloud-based Unified Communications and Collaboration application services (UCaaS, Audio/Web/ Video Conferencing, Contact Center and CPaaS services ) to drive voice transformation across the business enterprise.
- Knowledge of foundational AT&T company products and services such a network, toll-free, SD-WAN, BVoIP, Internet and AVPN a plus.
- Well versed in enterprise architecture and/or IT strategies.
- Experience in providing solution-oriented technical designs.
- Strategic and consultative sales skills with experience in following solution areas:
- Industry leading Hosted/Cloud Voice Solutions – Cisco Webex Calling, Ring Central, 8x8, Avaya, Mitel, Microsoft Teams, Zoom
- Cloud Collaboration and Conferencing – Cisco Webex, Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Contact Center – Five9, Genesys, Avaya, Nice InContact, Inference, Salesforce
*This role may involve travel post pandemic and may require spending time at the customer premise developing and presenting sales proposals and systems solutions. The position can be located anywhere in the US.
Ready to close the deal on a career with AT&T? Apply today.
A great company, with a tremendous amount of opportunity for growth.
The people. AT&T has some great people in leadership roles who help inspire and grow their downline employees. With great continuous training, employees learn the skills needed to be successful in their current role.
Just like any other business, AT&T exists to earn a profit. In any sales channel there is pressure to achieve a quantified sales target. Depending on the leaders and managers relevant, most "Cons" would be directly associated with sales pressure.Former Employee - Business Account Executive
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.