With First Responders. For First Responders.
FirstNet brings public safety their own, dedicated nationwide communications platform to help them save lives and protect communities. For AT&T, it was an opportunity to provide our unmatched network capabilities to help make our communities safer. Now, when disaster strikes, FirstNet will provide open lines of communication to first responders when they need it most.
AT&T has an opening for a Principal Architect
The ideal candidate will be able to navigate complex political structures, complex sales engagements including procurement environments and shape FirstNet solutions / business thru alignment with matrixed resources in order to influence an outcome that is positive to promote and adopt FirstNet mission critical solutions for first responders.
- Inclusion / collaboration with internal and external players to achieve goals.
- Meet with state / local / federal decision makers/associations/ influencers to discover current end user operations, discover current technology solutions in place, discuss potential FirstNet solutions to achieve operational improvements, submit complex proposals and ensure compliance against solution requirements.
- Participate and market development events in assigned market to advance discussions and awareness of FirstNet mission critical solutions and connect disparate agencies to achieve interoperability.
- Build & bring strategic relationships associated with the first responder community.
- Gather requirements from multiple first responder entities on product development requirements and review with product organization.
- Documentation of all interactions with influencers and decision makers associated with the product requirement gathering process.
- Identification of any objections to solution adoption and communication across internal / external resources.
- Position self as the first responder solutions Subject Matter Expert (SME) in territory, demonstrating solution and market knowledge / awareness of DHS designated critical infrastructure customers.
- Serve as the lead associated with RFP/RFQ/RFB/RFI requests for prescribed territory.
- Stay current and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of complex first responder products, solutions and competitive intelligence around pricing and market trends, etc.
- Inform cross functional stakeholders in competitive market intelligence.
- Create and deliver an actionable strategy for influencing assigned market for Mission Critical Services.
- Define 3rd party Consultant strategy and create education focused on influencing RFP language.
- Maintain library of legal approved Mission Critical Services language for usability in state, local and industry RFP influencing.
- Participate in and lead a Strategy Council across Product, Sales and Mission Critical Solutions.
- Maintain minimum one (1) Industry Association in representing FirstNet Program interests for adoption and market direction.
- Ability to demonstrate 5-10 years of verifiable public safety or industry character references.
- Understand funding and procurement processes of government agencies associated with complex infrastructure and application investments.
- Understanding of first responder environment and dispatching processes.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills with experience in speaking to government officials, customer executives and key influencers.
- Understanding and experience in selling mobile broadband technology and its application to first responder and DHS critical infrastructure operational processes.
- Depth of knowledge in two-way radio communication design, complex cellular architectures, complex wireline infrastructure, security, & FirstNet.
- Understanding of first responder applications such as CAD, RMS, JMS, ALPR, NLETS, NCIC, NFIR, E-Citation, AFIS and others involved in incident command.
- Knowledge of cellular and network architectures and trends in cellular technology, redundancy strategies as well as risk mitigation techniques.
- Knowledge of methods to secure data in transit and at rest.
- Understand discussions around control of costs and return on investment analysis.
- Ability to determine and articulate outsourcing value propositions to various individuals & titles with different levels of understanding.
- Competitive knowledge of the mobile broadband marketplace for first responders.
- Ability to understand historical drivers for radio usage & mobile broadband usage.
- Strong ability to match customer needs and pain points with solutions and strategies.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our Principal Architects earn between 114400 171600+ $32500 in commissions yearly when sales goals are met. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
Job ID 2307656-3 Date posted 03/10/2023
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected · Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Invested in your satisfaction and continued success.
We take care of our own here (hint: that could be you). Our benefits and rewards mean we cover some of your biggest needs with some of the coolest offerings. We already think we’re a pretty great place to work. We’re just trying to rack up some bonus points.
Let’s start with the big one: Your work gets rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits. It really does pay to be on our team.
When it comes to priorities, we know family tops the list. For the moments that matter the most, you'll be there for them, and we'll be here for you.
Vacation? Staycation? Heck, let’s take a road trip. On top of paid holidays, chill out with paid time off (PTO) that you can spend any way you want.
Paid Time Off
Our people have class. Literally. We can help you out on approved education costs with our tuition assistance plan.
Here’s another reason to breathe easy: You and your family get access to excellent medical, dental and vision insurance options.
Wanna make your friends really jealous? You’ll get discounted access to the latest and greatest AT&T products and services — plus other awesome items, like tickets to live events.
You strike us as an over-achiever (don’t worry, it’s a compliment). Our training and development programs are your ticket to expert status in your job.
Training & Development
When the day comes that you get some much needed R&R (not that you’d ever want to leave #LifeAtATT) you’ll know your future is set with the AT&T Retirement Savings Plan (ARSP).
Give back to your community and connect with colleagues through social and team-building events, and annual paid time off for volunteer efforts of your choice.
Community & Team Events