Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
The Information Assurance Network Engineer manages technical expertise in developing, deploying, and managing professional services solutions exclusively to Federal Government clients on a fee-for-service or billable hours basis.
Key responsibilities include:
o developing/updating solutions
o performing hardware and software testing
o creating test plans and test cases
o assisting in certifying new solutions, including developing deliverables in order to meet customer’s written requirements as well as meet security requirements as outlined in DISA STIG’s.
o troubleshooting complex network/IA problems
o participating as a member of the Project team, providing estimated task requirements, and delivering on commitments with aggressive deadlines
o interfacing with other teams to create an overall solution to meet C&A requirements
Required Skills, Certification, Experience, and Education:
• Technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• 8-10 years relevant experience required
• 8570 compliance (Security+ CE or other valid IAT II certification required)
• Possessing excellent verbal and written communications skills and solution concept and design.
• Experience with Test Plan/Procedure documentation
• Experience in Network Design and must be able to craft design documents and engineering work orders in various formats according to client needs and standards.
• Understanding of TCP protocols and OSI layers
• Experience with Routers and Switches, Installing and Troubleshooting
• Comprehensive knowledge of IA solutions including Firewalls, IPSEC and SSL VPNs
• Experience with Forward and Reverse web proxies
• Experience with Intrusion Protection
• Experience with Network Access control
• Experience with Application Delivery Controllers
• Experience with F5 BIG-IP APM/ASM modules.
• Experience Web Application Firewall or Database Security Gateway
• Experience doing SSL-offloading, authentication and inspection of web applications
• Experience with troubleshooting authentication issues by looking at Kerberos and HTTP traffic in packet sniffers (netmon, wireshark)
• Experience with installations in a DMZ (identifying ports communicating between resources)
• Understanding certificate operations (key and client certificate handling)
• Experience with Type 1 encryption devices
• Experience with virtual infrastructure networking preferred
• Understanding of Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Wireless Bridging, and Base Area Network (BAN)
• CISSP or other security-centric certifications preferred
• Experience in DoD Network environment preferred
• Experience with Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) Security Technical preferred
• Experience with DISA NETWORK/IA STIGS preferred
• Familiarity with DODAF SE methodology and documentation requirements preferred
• Experience with DIACAP preferred
• Experience with Agile preferred
Required Clearance: DoD Secret Clearance Required
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.