Government Support Jobs
Keep the wheels of government turning 24/7. In a Government Support role, you’ll join a trusted team of experts who connect over 1,200 different agencies to serious security and mobility. Your work will help make the networks that our country runs on more protected, agile and effective. And with a wide range of opportunities (from Engineers to IT and Cyber Security), your continued growth can always be a top priority.
- Establish and maintains network performance by building configurations and connections and troubleshooting network problems.
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration, completing system installation, defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with team engineers on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies, defining and monitoring access.
- Accomplish information systems and organization mission by providing agile and sustainable results.
- Report network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and providing contextual feedback. Possess network security acumen; to include setting up access control lists (ACL) for firewalls and monitoring intrusion detection systems (IDS) for potential security breaches.
- Ensure high availability and automatic failover capabilities are monitored and operational.
- Analyze capacity shortfalls and develop capacity planning models.
- Assess and document network performance to ensure present and future needs of the business are met and provide network planning recommendations to senior leadership.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the configuration of routers, switches and firewalls.
- Evaluate, review and if appropriate, implement recommendations for improvements to existing network procedures and documentation for efficient and cost effective delivery of network services.
- Provide Tier III networking support.
Required Skills and Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience with monitoring and management tools such as Cisco MARS, Splunk, What's Up Gold, Wireshark, Websense, MRTG and NMAP. Advanced knowledge of MPLS, BGP, IPSec, VPN, IOS, EIGRP, BGP, GRE and OSPF. Strong technical knowledge of IP Management, DNS, DHCP, VoIP, VPLS, MPLS, SIP, H.323, L2TP and 802.1x. Experience with VOIP, TCP/IP protocols and telecommunications technology, virtual machines, and hypervisors.
Required Clearance: TS with SCI Eligibility.
Desired Education and Certifications:
AT&T a good place to be
I believe in AT&T and know they are at the edge of technology. The company believes in their people and offers all kinds of training to enable us to take on new jobs and to stay at the front of technology. The software defined network which we are building is the newest technology and AT&T has been involved since early 2000s. You have a great deal of autonomy at AT&T as long as you get the job done. You have the ability to do different jobs and to be challenged at all times.
I really have little negative to say about AT&T I have worked here for 35 years on March 23rd of 2016.Current Employee - PROFESSIONAL-NETWORK DESIGN ENGINEER+
- One Star Rating
- Two Star Rating
- Three Star Rating
- Four Star Rating
This is the life – the #LifeAtATT, that is. We’re creating what’s next and having a blast doing it. You’re looking for proof? Well, see for yourself.