Position located in Spangdahlem AFB in Germany
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The USAF partnered with AT&T to consolidate multiple disparate expenditures and IT projects into a consolidated enterprise while still allowing its users to retain the ability to tailor services and service levels. AT&T is providing commercial IT services to the USAF to improve performance of IT services and allow re-missioning of military personnel to cyber warfighting missions.
The AT&T Network as a Service (NaaS) team has an opening for a Base Lead to support the US Air Force by providing maintenance and repair services to intelligently scale network services, enable rapid deployment of emerging technologies, and provide industry-leading security, performance, and reliability. Our NaaS team is dedicated to improving the USAF IT experience through commercial services to increase mission effectiveness. It supports the AF Program Management Office, Air Combat Command, 16AF and subordinated units delivering high-availability and secure network capabilities.
This Operations Lead is the primary AT&T site leader at Spangdahlem AFB in Germany and oversees support operations for the United States Air Force EITaaS effort. The candidate must demonstrate applicable program management skill level and experience in managing, monitoring, and directing programmatic actions. This position is 100% customer facing and responsible for program oversight, implementation, execution, and support to the Air Force. Responsibilities include daily management of tasks and deliverables, support for equipment delivery and installation, system configuration and testing and operations and maintenance. The Operations Lead will oversee multiple coinciding efforts and must be able to maintain situational awareness of all efforts, provide feedback to the PMO, and brief the Government on status, as required.
The job duties are as follows:
- Oversee multiple site solution elements and maintain situational awareness across efforts, providing regular briefings, status updates, and recommendations to the PMO and Government.
- Oversee multiple contractor groups with responsibilities to provide EITaaS support on site.
- Organize and support meetings across multiple organizations to include AT&T, other contractors, and the government.
- Research and actively collaborate with the government to develop solutions and/or resolve questions, issues, and risks identified.
- Coordinate with Air Force site leadership and other contractors across multiple geographical locations.
- Oversee and facilitate schedule, budget, and risk mitigation.
- Prepare briefings, reports, and informational analysis in support of program initiatives.
- Coordinate local change management efforts to drive user adoption of AT&T services.
- Oversee records management of deliverables and documentation.
- Manage close internal and external program related tasks, and brief Government on status.
- Provide review and analysis of delivered technical content.
- Monitor and identify other areas where AT&T services may drive value.
- Manage site CDRL deliverables to meet schedule and quality requirements.
- Ensure adherence to government policies, master plans and schedules, and develop, brief, and execute solutions to program problems.
- Travel requirement: Minimal, approximately 10%.
Secret, TS Preferred (#secret) (#topsecret)
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or another technical field
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DoD, military/civilian personnel, and industry partners.
- Five years’ experience, preferably within commercial or Department of Defense (DoD) spaces
- Operational experience working with DoD
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- PMP certification
- Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies
- Recent/relevant history of working with an managing government customers.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2236233-1 Date posted 07/27/2022