AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Department of Defense. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values, and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
The DoD and USAF has initiated the JBSA shared 5G Infrastructure (Test Bed), 5G Core security Experiments, and JBSA 5G System Integration Laboratory (SIL), which is a 5G critical strategic technology strategy, with expectations as an integrated extension of the Internet to mobile spaces, for the Department of Defense (DoD). This 5G effort will provide advanced communications technologies, flexible bandwidth allocation (ultra-narrow to extremely broad), in-network core applications, ultra-low-latency and ubiquitous connectivity for DoD, military service components, and the Intelligence Community (IC) enabling long-term economic and military advantage. AT&T SCO will execute task orders awarded and integrate with other industry partners to rapidly develop state-of-the-art 5G solutions for DoD and the USAF.
AT&T has an opening for an associate JBSA on-site program manager needed to support 5G solutions for the DoD 5G to Next G Initiative at Joint Base San Antonio, Texas. The JBSA 5G Core Network (5GC) Test Bed is the heart and brains for the 5G Systems (5GS), and also serves as the anchor point for multi-access technologies, which enable Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC), Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), and massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC). This is the least developed critical capability in the 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) defined 5G ecosystem, and therefore the least understood portion of the 5G architecture. Moreover, 5G Core security experiments provide new flexible scalable capabilities for military 5G networks by demonstrating Network Slicing NFV, end-to-end (E2E) encryption, security assurance platform, blockchain and physical layer security. These capabilities are intended to provide secure 5G enabled communication services that are fast, reliable, secure, flexible, and capable of securely operating in zero-trust network environment. The associate JBSA on-site program manager position will be required to assist the JBSA senior program manager in conjunction with the JBSA 5G System Integration Laboratory (SIL) to accomplish assigned JBSA shared 5G Infrastructure (Test Bed) and 5G Core security Experiments and task orders.
- Supports technical analysis and program management as the associate JBSA on-site program manager
- Oversees technical and operational aspects of 5G testbed project within Air Force program guidelines
- Oversees and assists with 5G projects; developing work scope, schedule, and budget
- Manages coordination between resource managers/supervisors; develops all necessary reviews/approvals
- Assists with 5G Testbed related planning activities; proposes 5G solutions for lead DoD/USAF planners
- Collaborates within AT&T to translate and integrate commercial solutions to meet USAF 5G use case demands
- Coordinates within AT&T to engineer commercial solutions to meet unique DoD/USAF 5G requirements
- Supervises the development of 5G system testing, integration, and documentation for all phases of the 5G development agile life-cycle; working with external and internal AT&T partners
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various 5G testbed and security systems
- Regularly meets with users, vendors, and 5G staff to develop/modify integration specifications and delivery
- Coordinates and supports the revenue process for complex 5G products and services to the Air Force
- Interacts with supporting partners / vendors, JBSA stakeholders, and associated representatives to obtain and disseminate information, and advises on projects as required by the senior program manager
- Supports solutions for complex 5G solutions across multiple security levels
- Must demonstrate strong initiative to accept new technical challenges in complex system engineering assignments; flexibility to work non-standard work shifts as required by the supported program
- Attends meetings, conferences, and events, as required to support 5G and base of the future initiatives; supporting the Air Force via expert advisement on 5G strategies
- Supports continual 5G process improvement activities to include, processes, interfaces, technology insertion
- Maintains awareness of emerging 5G and 5G security technologies
Mandatory TS/SCI (#topsecret)
- Requires bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering and 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Skilled knowledge of 5G design integration methodologies including: consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications; design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing procedures, or modification of 5G systems or programs based on user design specifications
- Previous experience as a portfolio or program manager supporting government programs
- Skilled knowledge of current 5G development methodologies and standards
- Knowledge of 5G system implementation, enhancement, and support methods
- Excellent engineering, analytical, and technical troubleshooting, and program management skills
- Oversees day-to-day 5G program activities for a complex technical program exclusively for DoD/USAF clients
- Work with business and technical Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) consisting of various industry partners
- Proven excellence at formulating, understanding, and solving complex, non-routine problems; and prepare recommendations for resolution, optimization, and/or improvement within the Mobility architecture
- Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work products are timely and accurate
- Hands-on attitude toward problem-solving, including a willingness to dig into 5G program issues and quickly construct solutions; possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and support a highly interactive, collaborative, fluid environment
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer sciences or equivalent experience, 10+ years of Information Technology (IT) management experience, preferably within 5G commercial or DoD space
- Expert ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, small agile team environment
- Previous experience with Department Of Defense innovation initiatives and organizations (DARPA/AFRL/AFWERX)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!