Be a part of an exciting opportunity to create a new Education focused vertical on AT&T’s Public Sector team! This newly formed organization will focus on engaging with and understanding K-12 and Higher Education customer needs, identifying business partners, expanding AT&T’s overall presence in the market, and delivering solutions.
To become a trusted advisor to Education centric organizations and institutions, this team will require experienced sales leaders to focus on positioning and deal shaping of opportunities. As we rapidly and strategically build a best-in-class Sales organization, our team will consist of Education specialists driving innovation within the segment and helping customers capitalize on and understand recent Congressional stimulus funding.
AT&T Public Sector is hiring HigherEd/K-12 Business Development SME
- Generating long-term industry growth through thought-leadership, knowledge of AT&T's resources and solutions, and utilization of AT&T’s support models
- Strengthening the sales’ teams account presence by forging a high value-add relationship with executive-level leadership of institutions of all types and sizes including public and private K-12, AND/OR private colleges and universities, public colleges and universities, and community colleges
- Representing AT&T in industry-specific conferences, tradeshows and events through presentations and keynotes, e.g. AT&T Forums, EDUCAUSE, SXSW Edu, CoSN, SETDA, ISTE, etc.
- Collecting customer insights and transferring that market knowledge to various cross-functional teams within AT&T through professional learning sessions to improve offerings within AT&T’s portfolio
- Contributing to AT&T’s vision, thought leadership, go-to market strategy, and new offerings for the K-12 AND/OR higher education space
- Knowledgeable about digital transformation in K-12/Higher Education with the ability to facilitate conversations about student success, teaching and learning, IT infrastructure, IT security, and research
- Supporting AT&T sales teams as a trusted subject matter expert to ensure thoughtful, actionable conversations with customers that lead to strategic and operational initiatives within the K-12/Higher Ed institution
- Support AT&T marketing teams as a trusted subject matter expert for K-12/Higher Education to enhance their communication and outreach efforts that generate presence, participation, and strategic interactions for the education strategy team.
Minimum Qualifications - Minimum education and/or prior experience qualifications, required certifications, etc. Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Education) and 5+ years of experience in higher education administration, education technology and/or business development in the K-20 education space
- Participation in professional organization(s) relevant to research, K-12/Higher Education and/or IT administration;
- Ability to effectively educate internal AT&T stakeholders about the K-12/Higher Education industry with your knowledge of current research and by leveraging your education industry relationships;
- Willingness to some travel and work on a remote, distributed team within North America;
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude under tight deadlines
- Ability to facilitate professional learning workshops for K-2/Higher Education professionals, whether Academic, Administrative, Research, and/or IT focused, as well as internal AT&T teams;
- Ability to collaborate on the development of professional learning resources such as documentation, on-demand resources, and educational development materials about AT&T’s K-12/Higher Education solutions.
- Knowledge of educational technology, research in the learning sciences, and data analytics;
- Excellent communication skills as evidenced by a record of publications, presentations, and peer reviews; and
- Interpersonal relationship skills (social-emotional intelligence) of confidence, trust, ethics, and accountability as demonstrated by at least three professional references.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a relevant field (Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Education);
- Participation in a management capacity with professional organizations related to research, K-12 Higher Education and/or IT administration (e.g., committee leadership, board membership); and
- Participation in grant applications / grant awards from at least one of the following foundations or a branch of the United States Government: Carnegie, Dell, Ford, Gates, Hewlett, Lumina, Mac, Mott, Strada, Wallace, and Walton