AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
ATIP (Advanced Technology Integration Program) is Task Order under the Helios IDIQ awarded to AT&T in September 2020. AT&T’s ATIP contract provides a team of IT specialists to operate the customer’s headquarters ATIP system which serves as the collection point for multiple Special Access Programs (SAPs) developed under Helios. These systems deliver their digital information payloads from across the globe and outer-space to the ATIP platform for processing, integration, correlation and access by Defense Department analysts and decision-makers. The ATIP system is operated by AT&T specialists and selected AT&T Helios Teammates cleared to support the multitude highly sensitive programs.
AT&T has an opening for a Systems Administrator with VMware expertise for the ATIP systems program. This position will provide managed IT operations support of ATIP systems for high-priority defense intelligence collection needs.
The job duties of the Systems Administrator with VMware expertise are as follows:
- Administer enterprise VMware-based virtualization infrastructure, including vSphere and ESXi hosts version 6.0 and newer.
- Oversee enterprise Nutanix-based virtualized systems hosted on Nutanix appliances.
- Coordinate the patching and version upgrade of both vCenter and ESXi hosts, as well as Nutanix hosts, to current levels.
- Provision, monitor, and troubleshoot virtualized storage resources (HDD, SSD) supporting VMs.
- Lead technical projects to move physical servers and network components into virtual infrastructure.
- Manage all cluster-based backup/deduplication applications (Avamar, Rubrik) and VM snapshots to maximize system resiliency.
- Create and maintain VM templates used for rapid deployment of VMs.
- Monitor system performance including legacy servers and cloud systems.
- Performs legacy and cloud O&M administration such as new server builds, STIG updates, and patching
- Solves legacy server and cloud & virtualization issues.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems with Linux and Centos servers.
- Providing escalation support for subordinates and junior resources.
- Writing custom start scripts for various applications.
- Evaluating and implementing potential new tools and technologies.
- Working on assigned Change Requests/Problem tickets.
- Investigating and responding to alerts generated by the various monitoring systems in use
- Performing hardware maintenance/repair activities.
- Ensuring proper planning and execution of major projects/maintenance activities.
TS/SCI with poly (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
- Deep experience with VMware vSphere, and technologies like Nutanix Prism, Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures, to include experience with full-cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilization, capacity planning, and adjusting storage requirements.
- Experience in Linux administration and best practices, managing legacy Linux servers and VMware private cloud resources
- Excellent analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and six (6) years of relevant experience
- An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
Familiar with multi-level security environments (U, S, TS)
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Our System Administrator – Vmware earn between $140,000-$190,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. From health insurance to tuition reimbursement and paid time off to discounts on products and services just to name a few. There is a lot to be excited about around here. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Job ID 2244460 Date posted 09/27/2022