AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
AT&T has an opening for a Virtualization/Storage Engineer for the ATIP (Advanced Technology Information Program) systems program. This key position will be providing managed IT support of ATIP systems for high-priority defense intelligence collection needs
The job duties of the Network Engineer are as follows:
- Administer enterprise VMware-based virtualization infrastructure, including vSphere and ESXi hosts version 6.0 and newer.
- Oversee enterprise Nutanix-based virtualized systems hosted on Nutanix appliances.
- Coordinate the patching and version upgrade of both vCenter and ESXi hosts, as well as Nutanix hosts, to current levels.
- Provision, monitor, and troubleshoot all virtualized storage resources (HDD, SSD) supporting VMs.
- Lead technical projects to move physical servers and network components into virtual infrastructure.
- Maintain system documentation and other knowledge resources.
- Manage all cluster-based backup/deduplication applications (Avamar, Rubrik) and VM snapshots to maximize system resiliency.
- Create and maintain VM templates used for rapid deployment of VMs.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of hardware maintenance, upgrades, repairs, or replacements.
- Participate in special projects as required.
TS/SCI with poly (#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
- Any combination of 5 or more years of experience with VMware vSphere, Nutanix Prism, or Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems.
- Familiar with enterprise network architectures, to include experience with full-cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilization, capacity planning, and adjusting storage requirements.
- General understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and related protocols (HTTP, FTP, NFS, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and four (4) years of relevant experience
- An additional four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
Familiar with multi-level security environments (U, S, TS)
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Job ID 2228776 Date posted 06/01/2022